App to shut off & turn on?

sunnysnowflake

Reaction score
I am desperatly looking for an app that will automatically turn my Droid 2 off at night around 11:00 and then turn it back on at 5 am.

I need this because I fall asleep but want it on for a while in case DS needs help. And I don't get up until 6 am but I need it on at 5 am in case a coworker can't make it in. Then she can call me.

My BB did it and this is such a better phone I was sure it would have the option but I can't figure it out.

Can anyone help me?

LT*

Reaction score
Is charging it when you go to sleep an option? Mine is usually charged nightly while I sleep. There are options to silence the phone at certain times.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Timeriffic is an app that turns on and off all kinds of actions on what ever time schedule you design. I use it very close to what you describe

OP
S

sunnysnowflake

Reaction score
Is charging it when you go to sleep an option? Mine is usually charged nightly while I sleep. There are options to silence the phone at certain times.
I can charge it and usually do. I need to hear it ring in the morning if a co-worker is sick or snowed in. So silent won't work.

OP
S

sunnysnowflake

Reaction score
I don't think I will ever be able to figure out how to use Tasker. It looks so confusing. DH is going to be angry for using credit card too but I am desperate.
Trying timerrific now.

OP
S

sunnysnowflake

Reaction score
If you return an app within 24 hours, you dont get charged.
Thanks Dragoro!!! You saved me :) You should have seen how quickly I went to my apps after I saw your post. And I got a reciept for "returning" the app. I had no idea you could do that.
Thanks again!
Sunny

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you return an app within 24 hours, you dont get charged.
Thanks Dragoro!!! You saved me :) You should have seen how quickly I went to my apps after I saw your post. And I got a reciept for "returning" the app. I had no idea you could do that.
Thanks again!
Sunny

tasker is REALLY useful if you figure out how to use it. im a big fan :)

Reaction score
Setting Profiles might do what you want as well. You can set a wide level of conditions. For example to get what I think is your desired results:

You can set a profile to silence your phone at night.
You can also set a profile that when person X calls the phone ringer goes to max volume. Both profiles can run at the same time so if a random call happens that isn't on your list the phone doesn't ring but if coworker X calls or your dying mother or what ever the phone is a full volume. You can base actions on location(via GPS), time, date, charging, low power etc.

Very cool app. Search for Setting Profiles in the market.