Speed dial App for existing Dialer?

GHII

Reaction score
My friend is having trouble with his speed dial situation. I showed him the dial shortcuts and voice dialing, but he has hundreds of contacts and wants it like his old Dare where he can open the dialer and hit a number to call someone, like #2 send..or #31 send. Anything that can accomplish this?

Silver Member
Reaction score
hold down the search button and speak, "call GHII mobile".

or:

home - menu - settings - applications - quick launch - choose a spot (letter) - menu - shortcuts - quick dial - choose your contact

contacts can now be dialed by pressing search + letter.

LilJayV10

Reaction score
I use the anycut app. You can make a shortcut for just about anything including contacts. After you make it you can put it on the desktop of the phone. This way you only have to push the icon and it automatically dials.

inevittable

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but you can also long press the home screen --> shortcut --> direct dial.

This allows you to put an icon on the home screen to well, direct dial, a contact. I have my top contacts on a home screen, and it helps if you use Home++ or another home replacement app, because then you don't have to worry about taking up home screen space with contact icons.

dbmorris

Reaction score
QuickDial

I use quickdial. Works rather well. Can set it to either dial the number direct or have it bring up the contact list, can also hold down the button and send text. Just eaiser for me, your mileage may vary.

Danny

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How does your friend remember who is assigned to hundreds of speed dials? I'm impressed.

thejas

Reaction score
My friend is having trouble with his speed dial situation. I showed him the dial shortcuts and voice dialing, but he has hundreds of contacts and wants it like his old Dare where he can open the dialer and hit a number to call someone, like #2 send..or #31 send. Anything that can accomplish this?

I know this was posted a while ago but i figured i'd post and let you know there is an app that does this exact thing that i use. It's called speed dial old school. It allows you to just use the dialpad for speedial numbers. Just assign a phone number to a digit/digits and off you go. Runs in the background unobtrusively and has run on every rom i've thrown at it including ud 3.3.1 gingerbread. press 3 and talk and it'll dial whatever number is programmed to it (just like old phones). I also use direct dials on an entire screen that way depending on my mood i just use what i feel like =).