Dialer app "ATAKEPHONE" it will change the way you use your phone to make calls!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wicked fast & easy access to all your favorites, call-log and even a dial-by-photo feature! i was using dialer one and didn't think any app could possibly trump that one. boy was i wrong.

here's some of the features i found through google:

"Find/Dial" tab:

· Large on-screen buttons, always on screen at the start ("Search") screen.
· Tap a phone number using those large buttons to manually dial it or to add it to an existing/new contact.
· Search for contact in a super fast & sophisticated way - using a T9-like mechanism (e.g. to search for "John" simply tap the "JKL", "MNO", "GHI", "MNO" buttons).
· You can search fields, words within fields, or even free text within words.
· Even more - you can use the "...and..." button (tap & HOLD the '*' button) to combine fields (e.g. enter "jo...and...do" to search for "John Doe").
· You can even speed-dial the first 10 favorite entries of aTAKEphONE right from the main screen by tapping & holding the 0-9 on-screen button.
· Hot: you can have all favorites with pictures show up in the main screen for 'Dial by photo' operation.

"Speed Dial" tab:

· Unlimited favorite entries arranged in pages of 5x2 (or 3x3 in landscape mode) large buttons for easy dialing.
· Tap and HOLD a button to open functions menu - allowing dialing of other phone fields for that contact, or starting an SMS message , etc.
· Add entries from the main "Search" tab.

"Recents" tab:

· A list of the last outgoing calls for easy redialing.
· Ordered so that the last made call is always on top.
· More features (such as filtering, going to a specific day etc.) to come.

You can long press on a contact and it gives you the option to schedule an event related to that person.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I take it that its not on the market yet since I can't find it..do u have a link

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i got it from the market :shocked: there's no spaces ATAKEPHONE.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
woot! be sure to let us know what you think. i absolutely love it! :D

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I wish someone would make a phone app that makes like the back hard button a hang up button when phone is in use...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I wish someone would make a phone app that makes like the back hard button a hang up button when phone is in use...

To each his/her own. Personally that strikes me as a perfect way to hang up unintentionally.

I personally dont think so, but it would be better then fumbling with the touch screen and whatnot, especially when you make an accidental call ..(Happens)

tu3218

Reaction score
do these phone apps override the stock phone app? If so, once you uninstall them does it go back to the stock phone?

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
martin i'll post some screenshots when i get home in about an hour

V

verian

Just adding another opinion here. I didn't like it. I can say I probably should have gave it a day or so but after a few hours I wasn't in love so I dropped it. Just not my cup of beer. Great idea I'm not really happy with the native call system I think there will something better to come.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's expensive - why would I buy something that I can't play with for a week. Make a light version or one that expires.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait, are you telling me we can make and receive phone calls with our Droid???