Voice Dial

ccps

Reaction score
A friend of mine was showing me his Driod and voice dialing. Maybe he does it wrong but after issuing the command to dial my phone the most the Droid does is bring up the contact. he still has to actually tap the number he wants the Driod to dial. I am used to my winmo phone (yes I am getting ready to make the switch) confirming the contact by voice and dialing for me. Is the Driod not able to also dial the number wanted when using voice dialing?

shawncooke1

Reaction score
This is a HUGE disappointment to me. Phones from 5 years back or further have this ability, and the Oh Mighty DROID can't. I love the phone, but they paid attention to the little things instead of getting the big things right first. Just hope there will be a work around soon.:icon_evil:
For anyone still wondering, alltel customers can get, and activate a droid. It will take a phone call to VZ. I just re-signed up on an alltell plan. It is 500 min, 10 my circle, unlimited txt, and unlimited web and e-mail free nights after 7pm for 89.99. They dont offer it online, so you have to call and ask for it.

goldbergs

Reaction score
I find the following works:

Hold the SEARCH BUTTON on the nottom right down.
Say "CALL" xxxx
If xxxx is unambiguous, the phone auto dials. If not - it presents the list of options

shawncooke1

Reaction score
yeah, but when i say "call john doe's cell" it should say "did you say call john doe's cell?" then i could reply "yes" then it should dial. hands free dialing should be hands, and eyes free dialing....IMO

Mojoman

Reaction score
I think it has to do with how clearly you speak. I've said "call john doe" and it goes right to dialing the number. The next time I say the same thing and it brings up a list and I have to tap the contact. I've noticed you have to speak very clear and slow for it to work good.

shawncooke1

Reaction score
there is no way around it..it is the worst feature on the phone. maybe it can be fixed and maybe not, but it shouldnt be on there as bad as it is.

OP
C

ccps

Reaction score
anybody try this app. looks like it does exactly what is needed Voice Dialer HF (DFXmobile)
It looks like some people will be making some $$$ fixing the Droid's short comings.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
HOLY CRAP!!! Thanks!!!

I just downloaded the Voice Dialer HF and the Button program .. AND now my Droid is out of the dark ages!!

BTW, contrary to the instructions about it not working with BT headset (have to use speaker then it connects to head set) is WRONG. My BlueAnt Q1 works flawlessly with it and TOTALLY Handsfree!! All I do is long press my Camera button and the Voice Dialer starts prompting me in my Headset!!!

SWEET!!!!

shawncooke1

Reaction score
Thank you for that info..I bought it and tried it once and it worked once. It cost four dollars, but worth it in my eyes if it continues to work. Still think it should have been included with the droid for free but, Im all for stimulating the economy, so the money is worth it.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
WOW, WOW, just tried another experiment!

With BT Headset on, I long pressed camera button, Handsfree prompted me in Headset, I said "Voice Search" (it confirmed and so did I) then immediately said "Navigate to my company name" AND...... Google Naviagation opened up, calculated the route and started giving me voice prompts...

ALL via BT Headset !!!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
WOW, WOW, just tried another experiment!

With BT Headset on, I long pressed camera button, Handsfree prompted me in Headset, I said "Voice Search" (it confirmed and so did I) then immediately said "Navigate to my company name" AND...... Google Naviagation opened up, calculated the route and started giving me voice prompts...

ALL via BT Headset !!!

This seems to be a VERY usefeul app. I moved the thread to Apllications guys. Good stuff here. Thanks for the heads up 928 :icon_ banana:

Deuel

Reaction score
I have this app with a BlueAnt Z9i and it only prompts through the speakerphone. One of my kids has a Q1. I'll give it a shot.:unsure:

Deuel

Reaction score
Well it didn't work....at first. The firmware on the headset was v8.15. I updated it to the current v8.19...and it WORKS!!!!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I think your BT Headset has to have firmware to support audio from the Droid (music,voice prompts etc,) for it to work this way.

Basically if you can listen to Music with your BT headset then it should work.