Spb shell

funnyfish

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Spb shell? Is it worth the $15?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
I bought it and ran it for a while. It is pretty but it slows phone down a bit. If u want to pay alot for a launcher try tsf shell. It is different and really fast. But it is an acquired taste.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at other posts, some like it and some don't. For myself $15 is too much for just a launcher, however pretty.

Personally, I'm happy with stock. If I did want to install a new launcher, it would probably be GO Launcher.

cthebadge38

Reaction score
I've been running Spb shell now for over two years. I've tried every launcher available and I still keep coming back to Spb. Very smooth and some sweet eye candy.

deduct

Reaction score
I've been running Spb shell now for over two years. I've tried every launcher available and I still keep coming back to Spb. Very smooth and some sweet eye candy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums[/QUOTE

It delays an extra second or two when exiting apps. Atleast that was my experience. I have gone back to it many times because it is so slick. But I always give up on it cause I just can't stand that delay. I've been using tsf shell for its speed mainly. I have been considering overclocking this beast. Think that would make spb run smoother?

azdrifter

Reaction score
On my stock bionic I had spb shell and it ran good for me I think it is a better experience than motoblur anyday. But with my phone rooted and running ICS rom I don't see the need for it anylonger.

Ziggie

Reaction score
I've been using SPB shell for quite a while and love it. I do not notice any lag.

Its more of a traditional launcher than TSF. TSF is more of an acquired taste that I haven't been able to acquire. ;)

I only have two real issues with SPB. First, it does not support scrollable widgets. Second, it is a memory hog. The first issue is annoying and the second doesn't matter too much with the Bionc's hardware.

Is it worth $15? Yes, as long as $15 does not prevent you from doing something that you actually need to do.

Its eye-candy!!

deduct

Reaction score
This discussion of spb got me all fired up to try it again. Installed and the delay when exiting apps was there again. I turned off all window animations. Its still there, but, just barely. Very happy for this is my favorite launcher.

rumblee1

Reaction score
A ha. Looks like my original complaint about spb shell isn't isolated. I loved it but couldn't stand the lag time it took to exit apps. And it did slow my bionic down a bit. So I went with golauncher ex. Very fast, very customizable, and devs are super supportive. Spb shell devs couldn't figure out what I was talking about.

XHaloX

Reaction score
Ive been using spb since the
bionic came out and its fast and smooth,and also is very helpful

cindyhu

Reaction score
It is nice eye candy and breaks up the same old look on my Razr. I'm having issues with weather panel, it won't load current weather, says it's always 1 degree here, haha. It runs very fast on my first edition razr so very happy. I did wince at the price though, but couldn't resist.