Spb Shell

jchammer123

Reaction score
I am running LGB 1.7, (if that matters). I purchsed the SPB Shell launcher awhile back, but now its not showing up under "my apps", or when I search for it in the market. Does anyone know what happened to it or why its not showing up?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure what that is but if you backed up your apps with TiBu your going to have to restore it that way. If you didn't back up your apps hopefully you made a nandroid backup, you would have to restore the backup then backup the app, then reinstall latest rom.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reread post, doesn't look like you changed Roms, did you change anything else before this happened?

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
I have changed roms. I went from SS 5.2 to LGB 1.7 about two weeks ago. I don't use TB, I just let google restore my apps because I ran into too many issues with TB. I most definitely have a backup I can restore but I was curious if it was SPB taking it off the market for some reason, or if it was a market issue with the rom?

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Also, when I search for it on Google and try to go to it on the web based market, it automatically takes me to the phone based market and says "app not found".

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Restore it with TB, It might be pulled from the market for D1's, as it really doesn't have enough mem to run it effectively. I just searched on my TB and I found it in the market

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a pretty good chance the app got pulled from the market then. If you like the app and want to continue using it with a different Rom then you are going to have to use TiBu or something similar just back up the one app and don't restore data, hopefully you won't have any problems.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oops...late response I got interrupted with a phone call while typing reply.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
In all honesty, I was just bored and was gonna give it another try. As long as I still have it when I upgrade my phone I'll be fine. Too expensive to just disappear and not be able to use when I get a phone that can handle it.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's good, but for future reference if an app that you like gets discontinued, backing up is the only way to keep app between Roms.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
That is good to know. I submitted a question to the makers of SPB Shell but it says it can take up to 5 days to get a response, lol. We'll see what happens. Thanks for your responses guys!!!

comk4ver

Reaction score
Anyone know by overclocking we can overcome the lagginess of spb! Cause f'ing great and the visual is awesome. But it's installing @ 14-20 mb and on moto droid needless to say that's a big black eye when you're trying to add more apps in the future. You can find the apk on the net. And just keep it on your memory card!