Spam Text

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I keep getting a text message from "77893" and have done some research into it , seems it is Text Spam .
Does anyone know how to , lets say turn the tables on the morons that are sending the Spam Text . :motdroidvert:
Thanks for any suggestions .

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you can hold the message and "add to blacklist"

you'll never hear from them again.

OP
1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I long pressed, no such option, this is a text message not a e-mail . Seems they come from here , openmarket.com.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
If you don't want to block all text messages, then VZW allows you to block texts from five numbers for free. You can do it online or call 611 and ask them to do it for you. The free text blocks expire every three months or so, so you'll have to renew them. I think you have to pay for more blocks or non-expiring blocks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If you don't want to block all text messages, then VZW allows you to block texts from five numbers for free. You can do it online or call 611 and ask them to do it for you. The free text blocks expire every three months or so, so you'll have to renew them. I think you have to pay for more blocks or non-expiring blocks.

See post #4...Free app, Block as many as you need to for Free. dancedroid

caseyc

Reaction score

See post #4...Free app, Block as many as you need to for Free. dancedroid

Agreed its a much better messaging app than the factory one

killuhjason

Reaction score
call up vzw and add a premium messaging block. basically it will block those 5 digit text numbers from being sent to you. stopping them at vzws switches.

ionide

Reaction score
Try sending "stop" to the number. Also, watch your bill, you may be being charged for those texts

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
Try sending "stop" to the number. Also, watch your bill, you may be being charged for those texts

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i had an app (cant find it ATM) that lets you block key words from texts such as "congratulations, pay day, money" and itll block all incoming texts from numbers not in your contacts with those words in it

OP
1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I long pressed, no such option, this is a text message not a e-mail . Seems they come from here , openmarket.com.

Get Handcent.....
Thanks for all the options from everyone , will try Handcent .
Read if you text "stop" that that may give it away that they have a live account .
Will call VZW just for the heck of it as well .
Thanks again everyone !