Motorola Droid, Thunderbird, Dealing with Spam

Screenit

Reaction score
I currently receive about 10,000 spam messages a day (truthfully) and use Thunderbird and Cloudmark spam filters to deal with that (which works fairly well). I’m thinking of purchasing the Motorola Droid to be able to check email on the road w/o using a laptop (this would be my first smart phone). I know it will be able to access my POP3 account off the email server. But since the Cloudmark filtering occurs client-side on my computer, how could that be handled on the Droid? Can the Droid be set up to sync to Thunderbird on my computer after it’s filtered the spam, or is there an app that’s available to deal with the copious junk mail? I'd really rather not have to hunt through thousands of spam messages on a handheld device looking for legit email. Thanks to anyone/everyone who can provide some insight/help.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
This is a tough one. I think your best bet getting that much spam would actually be a fresh email address. I work for a company of 45 people and even we don't get that much spam a day!

If that's not an option, there are services that you can sign up for that will filter the email before it gets to your server. I don't have any specific names right now but I have read about them.

rosedith

Reaction score
You have to set up a Gmail account when you set up your Droid if you don't already have one. I've had a Gmail account for years and get almost NO spam on it -- several hundred per day go to the spam filter. It's really very good. You can set up Gmail to pull in pop3 mail and use it to filter your other accounts. When you reply online, you can select which account you want to use for the return address. It looks like mail sent from my Droid goes back as the account it was sent to but there is no way to select on fresh mail that I can find. Hope they will add that.