way to block a number from texting me?

bmb0205

Reaction score
I keep getting spam text from some kids AIM screen name because it sends to my AOL screen name that I set up to my phone years and years ago. I've tried turning it off but have no idea how.

Any way I can blacklist this number (5 digit) from texting me? It's annoying...

dancedroid

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe I completely missed that. I swear I tried finding it the other day :D

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I believe you can also ask Verizon to block spam texters. Not 100% sure of that but worth looking into.

ricks

Reaction score
text them back the word "STOP" and it should stop them. If it works they will reply it is stopped

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was getting text from a five digit number that was spam as well, I called verizon and they said they could block it but only for 30 days.

FLE

Reaction score
I went to my profile @ verizon and just blocked a number and a text number. My prob was solved.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Cool, never realized you could do it yourself online.

Just played with it myself. Just log in to your account on VZW.com. Then on your account overview page below your plan and phone summary there's 3 links, "Set up Auto Pay", "Go Paperless", and "Manage Safeguards".

Click Manage Safeguards then go to "Set up call and message blocks" under the Spam Control heading.

Lets you block up to 5 numbers.

Joker

Reaction score
Cool, never realized you could do it yourself online.

Just played with it myself. Just log in to your account on VZW.com. Then on your account overview page below your plan and phone summary there's 3 links, "Set up Auto Pay", "Go Paperless", and "Manage Safeguards".

Click Manage Safeguards then go to "Set up call and message blocks" under the Spam Control heading.

Lets you block up to 5 numbers.

Thanks FLE and Vitticeps, been looking for a way to block a number for a while now. Previously had to call VZW monthly, was getting annoying. This works out much better.