Spam!

Reaction score
First I got a text message saying I was going to be charged a $9.99 subscription fee for something I didn't subscribe to, or even know about on my DX! It was the Wrappio Market! It said if I didn't want it to reply with STOP. I did, and in addition, phoned them with the attached phone number. They said that it was something called Airpusher that was stuck on to another app and would send you this kind of spam. I asked her to take me off their list, which she said she did. Well, I just got similar spam in my notification bar hawking a new improved Android market called Wrappio. After googling, I found an app called Airpusher Detector, but it didn't find any Airpushers in my system. On the description of Airpusher, they said I could also try Addons Detector, but when I scanned my DX, it seemed to list too many, ones I use and like! When I limited the scan to "Push Notifications," it listed two, Bloat Freezer Free and Speaktoit Assistant. Just not sure that those are the culprits, especially Bloat Freezer...couldn't do without that one...it stops my DX from bugging me about updating, since I'm rooted, and too lazy to unroot to get the OTA update. Posting this to see if anyone else has gotten this spam, and as a warning. Anyway...

Nealius

Reaction score
If you are rooted. Roll back to your last back up and go from there or wipe and restore from a tibu back up. Look for an app you don't know and skip the install. Being rooted is a huge advantage in this case

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jlanning17

Reaction score
i have recently been getting a green + on that top bar, the notification bar, and it contains a link to a site to update my android market for $9.99 like what you're describing and it has a Wrappio logo on it. i downloaded a bunch of noisemaking apps the other day, so i guess it's attached to one of those? my phone is not rooted.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
i have recently been getting a green + on that top bar, the notification bar, and it contains a link to a site to update my android market for $9.99 like what you're describing and it has a Wrappio logo on it. i downloaded a bunch of noisemaking apps the other day, so i guess it's attached to one of those? my phone is not rooted.

Were these apps from the Android market or were they 3rd party apps?