[Source Build] GimpSource 2.0 | FRG83D | enjoy

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a problem so far my good man.

Just threw a 1.1Chevy's on. Going to see how that goes.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
cool cool, i started getting some random reboots but i know all of you are running stock 2.0 so i had to ask lol narrowing it down to either azpiolts noclock mod or my gb theme so i took gb theme off and running stock with noclock.....

got something special in the oven too.... gotta get a first build of it down then i can edit it and it takes like 5 mins to build out with new edits...we shall see

swallisa

Reaction score
Seems the standard CM video recording issues are still lingering. Camera works fine.

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2.0 vanilla running great. I can't wait to see your upgrades, especially if you helped us get rid of that white top bar. It's killing me.:):):)

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
ok i am running GimpSource 2.0.5 right now, it is again a completely different base, its pretty much all cvpcs / sapphire i am just gonna tweak it and release it in the next few days. .....

i had to install a slayher kernel right away cuz the boot.img it comes with is cvpcs/p3droid and my phone HATES p3droid kernels. i added a new keyboard so far i have to do some tweaking so it feels like mine not a carbon copy of sapphire 2.0.2 but it is built from source and running nicely less CM bullcrap this time. market restores and geoloaction works, everything works i just need to tweak it and change some stuff other than just the boot animation and call it mine. thats a not cool and b not what i wanna do. but if you've ever run sapphire... the GEM settings will prolly stay cuz its an awesome tool and well Sapphire is dead with cvpcs moving on to CM and their GingerBread D1 team. and Team Phoenix is making there writing their own source for a completely different rom and ya i'm not ready to learn all of that yet.

so i see no reason why this cant continue on as GimpSource also......

any feedback?

go pound sand lol
nah what ya got lemme know how you feel?

i am ever always working on new builds and putting out stable stuff. AOSP is my hardest challenge and 1.1 and 1.2 are stable but full of bugs and such.....

TMYINC

Reaction score
You should throw in the Honeycomb music player app and get rid of the stock 2.2 one. But keep the connected music player b/c it is awesome!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honeycomb music did nothing but crash on my phone.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

TMYINC

Reaction score
Honeycomb music did nothing but crash on my phone.

Well that sucks. I haven't had any issues with it and it seems a lot better then the stock one. I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to include it if it gives some people issues.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to come off brash, but I installed it on MetiCkMod I believe and the phone was unusable. That was a month or two ago. If you can point me in the direction of a newer one or better one, I would try it again.

TMYINC

Reaction score
I didn't mean to come off brash, but I installed it on MetiCkMod I believe and the phone was unusable. That was a month or two ago. If you can point me in the direction of a newer one or better one, I would try it again.

Download: Honeycomb Music Player from Google I/O - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

This is the one Ive been using and I haven't had an issues with it. I know it depends on the phone of course so it may not work for everyone. No worries guidot, I gotcha. Definitely don't wanna use a player that renders your phone unusable.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok that's the one I installed before. Just tried it again and it wont play or add to playlist.

Very confused.

Kanibull

Reaction score
Please continue to use the cm camera app. That is easily one of my favorite parts of any rom