[ROM] FRG83G | GimpM0D | Modded and Stock avail.

Taco

Reaction score
Is the kernel on this the same one that comes with metickmod? That kernel runs like a dream on my phone. I can go 2+ days on one charge!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Is the kernel on this the same one that comes with metickmod? That kernel runs like a dream on my phone. I can go 2+ days on one charge!

Didn't know metiCkMOD was put out for FRG83G

My guess would be yes. I never even boot up stock boot.img's I flash new kernels soon as the rom is done. Unless I'm testing a new build

Taco

Reaction score
I meant FRG83D metickmod ... I want the latest froyo build and I love your work ... just picky about my battery life and temps. That kernel is amazing in that respect ... not too fast but it lasts.

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Oh ok them ya its the same or very similar. I'm gonna fix something in this rom soon as my daughter takes a nap. I just flashed it and noticed its a different mms app

Taco

Reaction score
Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
i have a fix for this up loading now, seems i forgot to change the mms and the keyboard, or at least the zip i had it wasnt changed .... oops

ok fix? is up Mirror to follow.

Last edited:

Taco

Reaction score
I know this ROM is built off of Pete's and its not built off the OTA that is rolling out but do you know how this differs from a FRG83D ROM?

I'm just asking because VZW noted that the FRG83G OTA they are pushing will fix the sms app from opening the wrong contact and stop from sending to wrong contacts. And unfortunately I had some of my txts today go to wrong contacts, some disappear and sometimes wrong contacts came up when I pressed others.

I know its not your fault davros, all roms do this to me! I was just wondering if a rom based off the ota would have the fix whereas an aosp might not. Its just annoying >.<

danplaysbass

Reaction score
So I tried to load this new update.zip via SPRecovery. Load was successful but when I reboot is just keeps on rebooting at the droid logo. Any help?

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Take out battery boot up again if no luck, try again. Redownload it. I maybe updating this to the OTA version but this should work as is.

shiznit05

Reaction score
This ROM is great. It just works. All the GB ROMs were pissing me off so I had to come back to Froyo.

Just one thing though, will the market on this ROM eventually upgrade to the new one by itself?