SOunds,

swagmonster

Reaction score
You khow how when u boot up your droid 2 and tht sound goes off after ur sd card is loaded?also tht sound tht goes off when shutting down? How would i change those?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
For the SD card, that's your default notification sound. You can change that to anything you want via Settings > Sound > Notification Ringtone. However, that sound will also go off for other notifications, like SMS and email. If you want to have different SMS sounds, I'd recommend the "Missed Call" app. Lets you change all kinds of event sounds.

As for the shutdown sound, I've personally noticed that it's the same sound as the "call ended" sound, and it seems like it's just a beep. If you've something like Root Explorer, maybe that'll help you find it.

I already went through all the ogg files in the system folder. Perhaps it's a simple MIDI file....? I'll have to keep looking this afternoon, because now you have me curious as well. :)

Last edited:
OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
Ya. I figured tht the sd was the default notification, I wonder if there is a way to split it, my idea is to take the sd card sound because its the first to play and make it a zelda menu sound and then the ending beep an exiting menu sound...I did it with my pc because its the little things that make life awesome

Reaction score
I love off the wall notifications. I am currently studying Behaviour Analyisis in Psychology. I found one with Porky Pig asking "Is there any insanity in your family." LoL

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
I love off the wall notifications. I am currently studying Behaviour Analyisis in Psychology. I found one with Porky Pig asking "Is there any insanity in your family." LoL

???relevance to the thread???