sound issue

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I know it's probably been asked before, and I have searched, but on the app I can't figure out how to only search the sub forum I'm I'm.

More and more frequently, when going to play a video, I end up having to go in to settings -> sound -> volumes then hit notification volume to max then media to get any audio in the videos.

Why is this and is there a fix?

Quite frustrating if you ask me

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Nobody has a solution or input?

JohnFH

Reaction score
This sound problem is a known glitch in ICS for the RAZR. When my Razr was on ICS, I cleared the cache via recovery, and the problem went away. Others have had to factory reset to resolve it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2

OP
cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
This sound problem is a known glitch in ICS for the RAZR. When my Razr was on ICS, I cleared the cache via recovery, and the problem went away. Others have had to factory reset to resolve it.

How do you boot into recovery again, I can never remember.

Daballa

Reaction score
I have done both fdr and clearing cache in recovery but every now and then the "glitch" would return. I found an app called "soundabout" that had seemed to fix the issue for me since I installed it a few months back.

I wonder for those who got the accidental jb release if they have seen the sound glitch to be addressed or fixed in the release.

JohnFH

Reaction score
I have done both fdr and clearing cache in recovery but every now and then the "glitch" would return. I found an app called "soundabout" that had seemed to fix the issue for me since I installed it a few months back.

I wonder for those who got the accidental jb release if they have seen the sound glitch to be addressed or fixed in the release.

I side loaded 4.1.2 on Dec 25. I haven't had any sound problems. Regarding the post above, recovery is accessed by powering down, holding volume up & volume down & power, volume down to tab to Recovery, volume up to select Recovery. When the Android guy appears, press volume up & down.