Sound cutout

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
I searched the support forum for "Sound" and didn't see anything that matches my problem exactly.

Droid Razr Maxx

When I'm playing music, games, etc, the sound will cut out completely for about 2-5 seconds, and then come back on. This happens about once every 10 minutes now, sometimes more, sometimes less. It happens when I'm playing through bluetooth and also from the phone speaker or from headphones, so it must be software related.

At first I thought it might be a notification that was silent or something, but I can't seem to find anything that would indicate that, it's really getting annoying now.

furbymac

Reaction score
Try putting your phone on silent/vibrate only and if it stops then it is a notification somewhere. are u streaming the music or is it stored on the phone? If streaming maybe ur data connection cant keep the buffer up.......

OP
blinden

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
To be clear, it's ANY sound, streaming music, local music, games, etc. after it happens I check to see if there is any notifications on my phone, and there are never any new items.

Reboots don't fix the issue, it's definitely a soft problem though. Hopefully we get the UPDATE soon and it will go away on it's own.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a notification for something (due to the frequency and length), and whatever it's coming from may either have a silent notification wav or mp3 file, or perhaps your notification volume is turned all the way down. Check Menu, Settings, Sound, Volume, and see if any of the volume controls are set very low or at silent.

OP
blinden

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
that all checks out, volumes are all set pretty high. The only notifications I typically get are SMS, email and gmail apps, and they all make their expected sounds which I can definitely hear.

I also can't be 100% sure, but it feels like sometimes it cuts out for just 1 or 2 seconds, and sometimes as long as 5 or 6.

The frequency seems to be increasing. I just put on some music, and it has happened twice in the last couple of minutes. I was actually watching the phone and absolutely nothing changed on teh screen or notifications.

Last edited: