Sorry guys, couldn't do it...

Reaction score
Too many things I didn't care for... Switched to a Rezound via Amazon for $.01 and made my wife a happy Razr owner (plus an HD dock, HDMI cord, external battery pack, case, car charger, extra house charger)... She's content and that's all that matters right?

Have to say, I am enjoying my Rezound (so far) and good luck to you Razr owners!

Happy belated thanksgiving and merry early Christmas (just in case I forget)...

I'll be back before New Years! Promise...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea....that what we all want. To be content. Get the phone you want and like, no need to apologize...lol. Happy Holidays to you too.

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Yeah, so, because of all my indecisiveness, I now am the proud owner of a Boot Looping HTC Rezound... I get all the way into the OS for a minute or two (no signal or data whatsoever), then BAM, back to the HTC boot screen! I didn't even try to Temp root or anything! Factory reset via HBoot, no dice... WTF man?

*Glares* at my wife smiling at me with her shiny new RAZR working without a quirk...

Good thing it only cost me a penny... Get it replaced tomorrow... I hope I can get Verizon to exchange it because waiting for Amazon without my beautiful new life line would suck a$$...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so, because of all my indecisiveness, I now am the proud owner of a Boot Looping HTC Rezound... I get all the way into the OS for a minute or two (no signal or data whatsoever), then BAM, back to the HTC boot screen! I didn't even try to Temp root or anything! Factory reset via HBoot, no dice... WTF man?

*Glares* at my wife smiling at me with her shiny new RAZR working without a quirk...

Good thing it only cost me a penny... Get it replaced tomorrow... I hope I can get Verizon to exchange it because waiting for Amazon without my beautiful new life line would suck a$$...

This had me lol. Times like this I wish I had more than one line with unlimited data. I might lose my mind and get the Rezound, G Nex, D4, Bionic. If not all them I may actually get one.

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Glad I could AMUSE you there o_0 ... NOW STOP LAUGHING AT ME... Not so funny

Actually I do have more then one line of unlimited data... 3 to be exact... Me, my wife and an extra Fascinate that I lend to people in need (damn moochin a$$ family members)...

My ENTIRE family is Pro Android (even my GRANDMOTHER has a DROID X! And well ALL use Google Talk) so I couldn't just lend them a simple feature phone!!! (have one of those too! :))

F****RZ...

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Turns out, the factory radio settings that come with the phone eventually clash with the SIM card??? Way to go on such a small detail HTC/Verizon...

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem and the phone is humming along once again...

So annoyed right now... I lost near 24hrs of contact with the outside world (primarily business related) because of this STUPID a$$ setting???

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Turns out, the factory radio settings that come with the phone eventually clash with the SIM card??? Way to go on such a small detail HTC/Verizon...

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem and the phone is humming along once again...

So annoyed right now... I lost near 24hrs of contact with the outside world (primarily business related) because of this STUPID a$$ setting???

Have to admit, I LOL too at the first mention of the boot-loop, especially after making your wife a happy RAZR owner (with all those sweet accessories...man, I'm jealous). Still, it just goes to show you that when you rush things to market to try and beat your competition, you sometimes overlook the obvious. HTC and Verizon should have NEVER let that one get by. Didn't they try a new one off the shelf, you know - like a secret shopper would? Damn, I wish I was the secret shopper on that purchase. They'd have gotten one hell of a bad report.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
dancingDroid.gif
icon_ banana.gif
<<<<<< I like when their in sync! lol Makes me all warm n fuzzy inside...

Problem is, you have to wait quite a while for it to happen. They should be in sync all the time like these.... :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: and these are...dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid!

mzjin

Reaction score
Too many things I didn't care for... Switched to a Rezound via Amazon for $.01 and made my wife a happy Razr owner (plus an HD dock, HDMI cord, external battery pack, case, car charger, extra house charger)... She's content and that's all that matters right?

Have to say, I am enjoying my Rezound (so far) and good luck to you Razr owners!

Happy belated thanksgiving and merry early Christmas (just in case I forget)...

I'll be back before New Years! Promise...

And you'll be sorry you didn't wait an extra week for a Galaxy Nexus... :hail:

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Have to admit, I LOL too at the first mention of the boot-loop, especially after making your wife a happy RAZR owner (with all those sweet accessories...man, I'm jealous). Still, it just goes to show you that when you rush things to market to try and beat your competition, you sometimes overlook the obvious. HTC and Verizon should have NEVER let that one get by. Didn't they try a new one off the shelf, you know - like a secret shopper would? Damn, I wish I was the secret shopper on that purchase. They'd have gotten one hell of a bad report.

Yeah, really stupid thing to have happen... Especially compared to their phone history and things that are likely to go bad rather then things that really shouldn't go bad...

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
And you'll be sorry you didn't wait an extra week for a Galaxy Nexus... :hail:

Nah, I wasn't ever looking forward to the Nexus... Not a Samsung build quality fan, not a pentile fan, being stuck without a removable battery (especially once the battery starts to die) is a no go, and I am a very heavy storage user so non expandable memory just wasn't an option...

If at least the screen was a non pentile display, and it had removable memory, like the Razr, I could deal with the non removable battery...

ICS? Until all the kinks are ironed out, ICS is no more then a gimmick... It just doesn't offer so much more then GB to just "Gada Have It"... Not much I can do on ICS that I can't do on GB (well atleast for now)...

That being said, I am looking forward to the ICS update from HTC/Motorola because by then the kinks should be well known and HTC/Motorola should be able to correct them in their release AND I can get rid of some of this bloat weight...

Plus, this will be the first naked Android software that is actually visually attractive...

Then of course, I'm sure CyanogenMod won't be too far off either...

I do like the screen intergrated buttons tho!!! ;-)