Sony is Rumored to Launch Just Two Xperia Z6 Models in 2016

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
xperia-z5-premium_2.png

If the latest rumors from Japan are accurate, then Sony might have greatly reduced the number of variations for their next flagship device. According to the intel, Sony plans to offer just two versions of the Xperia Z6, (as opposed to a Z6, Z6 Ultra, Z6 Mini, Z6 Plus, and Z6 Compact). It is not clear which two version of the Z6 will appear, but if we had to guess, it might be the Z6 and the Z6 Ultra.

It makes sense for Sony to follow the trend of having a flagship regular sized phone and a larger phablet-style device. Considering Sony has been struggling for some time to make any decent headway in the mobile world, it also makes sense that they might stick with only a couple of variants.

There is another part of this rumor which claims that both versions of the phone will include the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC. Finally, the rumor also indicated that Sony will change up their usual MO of revealing the device at CES in January, but instead will have their own reveal event sometime in June. Although we are wary of these rumors, they seem quite credible. It makes sense for Sony to change-up their typical smartphone launch strategy since what they have been doing has not been working too well for them.

Here's our dedicated Sony Xperia Z6 section for further discussion: Sony Xperia Z6 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: gforgames

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Without decent support in the states, Sony might as well fold up their mobile division and stick to ps4.

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
Odds this will make it to Verizon or will i probably be disappointed again like the Z4v?

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Odds this will make it to Verizon or will i probably be disappointed again like the Z4v?

Yeah, that was a success, right?
What a mess. Announced, then cancelled.

Sony should cut bait and move on when it comes to Verizon.
Google/Huawei has shown that they don't need Verizon or any carrier support to sell phones, Apple too.

Sony, are you listening? Make a great phone and sell it like you would any other consumer electronic device.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Sony should cut bait and move on when it comes to Verizon.
Google/Huawei has shown that they don't need Verizon or any carrier support to sell phones, Apple too.

Sony, are you listening? Make a great phone and sell it like you would any other consumer electronic device.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Agree.... 2015 have shown that you can sell a phone outside of carriers. Examples being Motorola (Moto X Pure) and Google (nexus 6p and 5x).

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's a shame the phones are solid ...let all the carriers carry them ..HELLO Sony are you listening ? #Sonymobilewakeup

6s plus Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Sold my Z3 to someone on Craigslist yesterday.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Still using mine, best phone ever!
It really is a great phone. Only reason I got rid of mine is because I switched over to Project Fi.

Sent from my Nexus 6P