Sony Supposedly Wrestling with Snapdragon 810 Heat Issues on Xperia Z4 [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sony-allegedly-battling-with-Snapdragon-810-heat-dissipation-from-the-thin-Xperia-Z4.jpg

If this latest Sony rumor is true, then it's entirely possible the rumored heat issues with the Snapdragon 810 from Qualcomm were true after all. Supposedly, Sony is struggling with reducing the heat generated by the Snapdragon 810 on their new Xperia Z4 smartphone.

The report indicates that the Xperia Z4 tablet, which also has the Snapdragon 810 doesn't have the same problem, because it has a larger area to spread out the heat. Additionally, the other problem is that Sony's next flagship smartphone is extra thin, which makes it tougher for them to dissipate heat properly with the device.

For now this is just rumor, but it does make you wonder what took Sony so long to announced their next Xperia Z smartphone...

Source: PhoneArena

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I hope this doesn't turn out like the og razr maxx.. All of a sudden mine are getting very hot (s4 processor) and I'm getting battery swelling...

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Wasn't it LG that said there were heat issues, but they were able to overcome them?

These stories keep lending more credit to the rumors that the S6 wouldn't have a Snapdragon variant. (I haven't been over all of the news and specs for the s6 yet, so please don't shoot me in the head if that rumor proved to not be true.)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. I'm concerned about screen fracture.. As old as the devices are.. Idk if moto will do anything.. They hold a charge... But now they look like pillows..

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it LG that said there were heat issues, but they were able to overcome them?

These stories keep lending more credit to the rumors that the S6 wouldn't have a Snapdragon variant. (I haven't been over all of the news and specs for the s6 yet, so please don't shoot me in the head if that rumor proved to not be true.)
It wasn't rumor @Jonny Kansas... it was confirmed that they will not have a version of the device with the Snapdragon 810. They are only going with their own Exynos 7420.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It wasn't rumor @Jonny Kansas... it was confirmed that they will not have a version of the device with the Snapdragon 810. They are only going with their own Exynos 7420.
Thanks. Got myself up to speed on the device after having posted that comment.

So, all those manufacturers came out in support of Qualcomm, but there's definitely a heat issue with the processor.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems like it, yup.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Glad I upgraded when I did then. Don't need to deal with another phone that likes to run hot after my time with the S4 (and an overclocked OG Droid back in the day).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's their definition of hot? my Omnia was a pocket warmer on cold days and my Inc used to run so hot sometimes it'd shut itself down for thermal protection and nothing ever blew up or warped on them.
On the Inc it was the battery but the Omnia it was the cpu.