New Sony Flagship Phone Coming? Sony Xperia LT29i - 13MP Camera & Snapdragon S4 Pro

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sony-LT29i-Hayabusa-protoype1.jpg

Currently, the Xperia Ion and the Xperia S are the only Sony high-end flagship phones available internationally, but that doesn't mean they aren't working on something else. In fact, we have heard rumors of another Sony flagship device that may be coming later this year, and today we may have found some more details on this phantom phone. It is called the Sony Xperia LT29i (codenamed Hayabusa) and, if it is real, it has some pretty amazing specs:
  • An enhanced Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (graphically improved version of the S4)
  • 13MP camera with HDR video recording capabilities and superior low-light performance
  • 4.55 inch HD reality display
  • 2200mAh battery
  • Sized around 7 millimeters thin
The rumors also suggest that the phone will come out with the name Sony Xperia GX, although no more details could be gleaned. The picture shown above is supposedly of a prototype of the device and was taken from a phone with the same camera. Do you think a new Sony flagship could be a phone worth waiting for instead of the over-hyped SGS3?

To see some pretty amazing pics that were supposedly taken with the same camera found in this phone, head over to the source link below.

Source: Phandroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm still not confident in Sony enough to consider one of their phones. They have made great strides lately, but they are still not high enough in my book.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I like it! :biggrin:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, definitely Sony versus Samsung for my dollars come this fall. Make sure you guys watch what I get because whichever I pick I am hoping to make a very special accessory for ;)

MIUI tested, mother approved.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I would take this over the gs3! Sonys been pretty awesome when it comes to deving. They have been sending devs phones so they can work on them!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
There really is no reason why this couldn't take on the GS3. When you look at the GS line what stands out? Screen, Camera, and CPU. Well, Sony makes their own screens (as well as screens for other devices). In fact they and Samsung where co owners of SLCD tech, before the end of 2011 when Samsung bought out Sonys part of it.

Sony (as a company) as an excellent camera division. They have some good compact point and shoots, and I'm sure if they were on board, Sony could make one hell of a cell phone camera.

Only thing is CPU. Exynos is easily one of the most impressive CPUs out there, and I believe is one of the huge draws towards a GS.

npro1464

Reaction score
But suppoosedly the US Galaxy is going to be dual core, so maybe that difference will be moot, if there is any. If the Sony gets a following in the user and dev community I'll consider this phone.

77Pat

Reaction score
Even though I believe a phone should be a phone first, if this has the same sound quality as many of their mp3 players I will definitely consider it. Sony has been making large advances lately and it seems like they are getting updates in order.

52brandon

Reaction score
exciting. I've loved Sony's choices with developers, their hardware was the only thing preventing me from looking at them as a potential new phone

kparks

Reaction score
Why do they insist on making these so damn thin add a couple more mm and put a battery that will last more than 4 hours

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
2200mAh should last a minute or two

Not 4 me... my 2750 is barely enough I can't get through 8 hours with it.. a phone the size of the rezound is perfect that form factor with a huge battery should be possible

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums