someone help me with a contact issue please

nwwolf1

Reaction score
Okay I'm going to try and explain this best I can. I have a friend names catherine, I've had her number for years. Last night I got a friends number named katie and put it in my contacts. When I did that my friend catherines contact apparently moved her mobile number to a second number under katies contact and I tried deleting both and redoing both contacts but when ever I enter the number under katie the other number goes there too. What the hell is that about? I hate the way droid does contacts...

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
I don't think so a d if I am I do want to be. How's do I change that?

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
Okay I turned Facebook sync off. I seperated the two as different comtacts and they are both in my sms inbox as their right names but they aren't in my contact list at all now..

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then your other sync settings are borked, or you need to clear your cache and resync.

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
What do you mean borked? Also how do I clear my cache and resync and that's not going to delete all my contacts right? Is there a way to literally just make my contact list so I can put names and numbers directly from my phone without syncing any social network or anything so they are under the name I have down not their facebook name?

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I have same issue ... My father and brother share same name and even though I entered them differently into google contacts... Facebook lists them both so droid merges them.

Just this morning i unchecked facebook sync, deleted both contacts from phone, gave them separate names in gmail contacts and now they are ok. until I deleted and re-entered them nothing seemed to solve this. It was so confusing when using hand cent my bro texts and my dad's face shows up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
The only problem is I can't view them in contacts to delete them.

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
Okay I tried that and still I have the conversations in my sms inbox and they have their right names now but I still can't see them in my contacts list

Ej4

Reaction score
Try going to contacts then menu. Push display options. Then play around with the settings there.

Taegost

Reaction score
I have same issue ... My father and brother share same name and even though I entered them differently into google contacts... Facebook lists them both so droid merges them.

Just this morning i unchecked facebook sync, deleted both contacts from phone, gave them separate names in gmail contacts and now they are ok. until I deleted and re-entered them nothing seemed to solve this. It was so confusing when using hand cent my bro texts and my dad's face shows up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I had this same problem at first, the system will automatically try to merge contacts with like names. To separate, them, edit the contact, hit menu, and there's a button to "Split" them. Every time I wipe my phone I have to go in and do that, my brother (James) and my niece (Jamie) always get stuck together.
There's also a way to stop it from merging them in the options for the contacts, but I don't remember exactly where.