(Someone)Fcc just called me about locked bootloader!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ask 10 lawyers on this issue and you will get 10 different answers. There is also a clause in there to allow for network health and security. The bottom line is VZ/Moto will have lawyers working on this...and we won't. But still if this is happening it is a good thing. It adds pressure on VZ/Moto and I actually think the pressure is mounting and it might get us somewhere. Pretty hard for Moto to defend themselves publicly on this one. They promised to do it by the end of 2011 and HTC is adding VZ phones left and right that are unlocked. The key I think is to keep getting press on it, ZDNet...anywhere we can.

yeah, this times a million as well. the law sucks, and the ones with the better lawyers will win...

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Are we talking unlocked read to flash a different ROM? I'm rather new to exploring the whole smartphone world. After months of playing I am just getting my thunderbolt to where I like it but would like to learn and do more.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
lets hope so, and lets hope they go forward with it as well and for all devices too, they should take after Chilie was it? that deemed all phones had to be unlocked? that would be aweomse

In the case of Chile, it was regarding carrier unlocking; nothing to do with the bootloader.