Somebody please help me

lavabow1225

Reaction score
My phone just started acting up today. It would freeze and the screen wouldn't even respond to me touching it or any of the bottom buttons. I took the battery out and at first it would only work for a few moments, and then i thought maybe if i set a lock pattern that would work. and now it's not unlocking at all. it's not responding at all to me touching it. it won't unlock and i don't know what to do. :(

NattyBee

Reaction score
My phone just started acting up today. It would freeze and the screen wouldn't even respond to me touching it or any of the bottom buttons. I took the battery out and at first it would only work for a few moments, and then i thought maybe if i set a lock pattern that would work. and now it's not unlocking at all. it's not responding at all to me touching it. it won't unlock and i don't know what to do. :(

What kind of phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
L

lavabow1225

Reaction score

What kind of phone?

It's a samsung fascinate. i just got it like a month ago. i don't know how to reset it either way, and it won't even let me past the little puzzle piece part, so yeah... this sucks big time. i don't have a task manager thing, unless one came with the phone, i haven't gotten any updates lately, i usually use the back button to get out of things, except the internet. i have barely any extra apps than what came with the phone, i haven't even BEGUN to tap into the memory of this thing. I jsut don't know what to do. :(

NattyBee

Reaction score

What kind of phone?

It's a samsung fascinate. i just got it like a month ago. i don't know how to reset it either way, and it won't even let me past the little puzzle piece part, so yeah... this sucks big time. i don't have a task manager thing, unless one came with the phone, i haven't gotten any updates lately, i usually use the back button to get out of things, except the internet. i have barely any extra apps than what came with the phone, i haven't even BEGUN to tap into the memory of this thing. I jsut don't know what to do. :(

Well I have a DX, but gimme a min, i'll try to find how to boot Fascinate into Recovery, from there you will be able to wipe data/factory reset and then start over...

sledge3n8

Reaction score
You have to hold the volume "up" AND "down" at the same time while you power on the phone to boot into recovery (on the fascinate). After getting to recovery screen use the volume rocker to move selection up and down. Then use the "home" softkey (I believe) to enter selection.

OP
L

lavabow1225

Reaction score
You have to hold the volume "up" AND "down" at the same time while you power on the phone to boot into recovery (on the fascinate). After getting to recovery screen use the volume rocker to move selection up and down. Then use the "home" softkey (I believe) to enter selection.

yeah, it didn't work. i held the volume buttons, and nothing happened. :(

sledge3n8

Reaction score
Keep digging for information. I have heard from a few sources that the fascinate cannot be bricked. Basically you can always get back to stock.

You might have to install the Android SDK and access your phone that way, using a cable and your PC. There are several forums online to give you any help that you might need to use the SDK. The SDK gives you the ability to access your phone on a much lower level. Forgive me if I'm insulting your intelligence. You might already be familiar with what I have said.

Also, try cleaning your screen. There have been times that my kids have gotten...stuff...on my screen and it caused the phone to act very erratic. It's a longshot but I have experienced it first hand.

Was your phone exposed to any significant moisture? Say, did it get really cold outside and then warm up pretty quick?

badonkadonk

Reaction score
I dropped my phone face down on tile once but only from like 2 feet... it did this periodically for like 3 days, finally I took it in to Verizon and they gave me a new one. Did you drop it by any chance? Either way, I would take it into wherever you got it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dropped my phone face down on tile once but only from like 2 feet... it did this periodically for like 3 days, finally I took it in to Verizon and they gave me a new one. Did you drop it by any chance? Either way, I would take it into wherever you got it.

+1

If the phone has not been rooted and just isn't acting right there may be nothing anyone on the forum will do. Verizon will walk you through a factory reset to see if that helps but it sounds like there's a trick to getting into the recovery screen because it didn't work the first shot for you. On the Droid1 you need to have the key pressed before the phone boots up, so you can play with it until you succeed but it may be faster to just place a phone call. Good thing is the phone queues are probably short at this hour of the day! One thing that helps is to make sure they document the phone call so when you do bring it in you can save time and have them look up your account to see the home office said "just hand out a replacement".

Good luck!

sledge3n8

Reaction score
You DO have to depress the vol up & dwn buttons and hold them down before pressing the pwr button. You don't have to hold the pwr button though.