Touchscreen problems with my droid 2 global!

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
I have an issue with touchscreen once in a while. It may start to act like I'm pressing the same area many times or may not react at all. Sometimes screen is shaking like I'm trying to flip screens but not pulling to side enough. Changing stock ROM to CM7 gave no difference. Looks like it's a hardware problem because I'm getting it when the phone is hot (charging, playing games, on the sun etc.) Cooling down and lock/unlock helps every time.
BTW, I've broken digitizer, can anyone advice me a store or Seller on eBay to get new one from? Are these Chinese digitizers OK?

This is the exact same problem mine has and it almost always happens when its plugged into the charger and sometimes when its not plugged in. Ive sbf'ed and im taking it into Verizon when I get the chance.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
This is the exact same problem mine has and it almost always happens when its plugged into the charger and sometimes when its not plugged in. Ive sbf'ed and im taking it into Verizon when I get the chance.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I've had that same thing happening to me on my Milestone 1 too. To 'fix' it, simply hold phone in hand or at least somewhere on the metal surrounding of the screen, to sorta ground it. Had that happening on D2g but much more seldom. I think it is a hardware design issue of sort.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

rumel1988

Reaction score
I unlock My Droid 2 Global by eBay Code 2 days now. now again touch screen doing bull ****! :mad: some aria on right side stop working now, it was left side before Unlock!
screenshot: View image: 20110905154659

if i pull the battery for a while then reinsert the battery and power it on the touchscreen works good for limited time. then it again right side stop working. what's the problem with all Moto Droid? do I need to change the digitizer to work the touch as good?

Last edited:

rumel1988

Reaction score
please anyone let me know who had problem like this. will touch screen work back if i change the Digitizer? i mean some time touch is work great then stop working!!! don't know software or hardware issue? :blink: if anyone gets succeed with changing the Digitizer then let me know hurry. :)
please i need to fix this urgently!! :(