Touchscreen wont respond

dAi

Reaction score
I've received the phone like 3 weeks now, and since yesterday I've had problems with the screen that it won't respond when I touch it. For example, when I received an incoming call and I try to answer it by touching the button it won't respond or when the phone is locked and I try to unlock it, it wont respond to my touch. I have to reboot for it to be fixed. The last app I installed was fun for mobile app which is a ringtone finder app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Phone is rooted with gingerbread not over clocked not gb .588 install but previous gingerbread leak

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
You know that to answer calls and unlock your screen, you have to SLIDE those "buttons" to the right, right?

OP
D

dAi

Reaction score
Yes sir and sometimes they're not slidable

Reaction score
Just making sure, I've seen several posts by people who didn't. These phones can sometimes havee bad touchscreens. My current phone is affected in the same way. My understanding is that the only real solution is a replacement phone, since the problem is hardware related. Asurion is replacing my phone under warranty since I told them about my issue. Do you ever get phantom screen presses (I.e., the phone clicks on things you're sufe you haven't touched)? If not, you probably will eventually, the problem progressively gets worse. For now, I've found that if you turn the screen off, then back on, it works correctly, at least for awhile. I recommend you get to a verizon store, show them your problem, and get a replacement phone.