Some random questions

nikkicowface

Reaction score
So I've had my D2G for a couple months now and I absolutely love it and have had no problems with it (besides the battery) but I do have a few questions.

First: Is there an app or any way to get rid of the little side swipe unlock? I have the pattern set up so I'd really like to get rid of sliding that and then doing the pattern. It's not a big deal, just kind of irritating when I'm in a hurry to unlock my phone and have to go through 2 unlock screens instead of just one.

Second: I've asked this in a different thread but didn't get a straight answer, is there a way to get rid of the shutter tone on my camera? I hate trying to take a picture but be quiet about it and everyone stare at me when the shutter goes off.. Is there a way to turn notification tones off period?

I had more questions in my head earlier but I forgot them so I'll prolly end up posting another thread later.
I really appreciate any feedback I get! :)

rusty815

Reaction score
1. there is an app that can do that, but i cant remember what its called, maybe someone here can tell you. i find that annoying as well but i got used to it

2. in order to get rid of the sound you have to edit some system files i believe, cant remember it exactly.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Many custom roms have the ability to remove the camera sound (ex. Liberty)

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I googled it more and found that the shutter tone file can be deleted if your phone is rooted. Which mine is. But I don't have the necessary file (/system/media/audio/ui/shutter_click.ogg or somethin like that). I don't have the "ui" folder. Any clue why? Do I need to reroot my phone?

rusty815

Reaction score
no, you need an app that has access to it, like root explorer

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I thought if you just turned the volume all the way down, there was no shutter noise?

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
Well I have astro file or whatever its called but that doesn't give me access to it so ill try some other file apps. Turning the volume down doesn't work with my phone for some reason. And its really annoying to have to turn it down instead of just going right into my camera. Id just rather get rid of it all together.

kevdliu

Reaction score
Well I have astro file or whatever its called but that doesn't give me access to it so ill try some other file apps. Turning the volume down doesn't work with my phone for some reason. And its really annoying to have to turn it down instead of just going right into my camera. Id just rather get rid of it all together.

yea you need root explorer to access some system files. You can use volume control (app) to easily control all kinds of volumes too

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
Yeah, I got root explorer and deleted the file. Simple and effective :)

Thanks everyone for your input :)

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
I'm using the HeXen rom, and yes, deleted. And because I'm using the HeXen rom, I don't have the side swipe lock anymore, just the pattern lock. Why would I need it for updates?

silver6054

Reaction score
I'm using the HeXen rom, and yes, deleted. And because I'm using the HeXen rom, I don't have the side swipe lock anymore, just the pattern lock. Why would I need it for updates?

You won't need it for custom ROM updates, but for OTA stock updates, the update checks for various system files, and you can never be sure which are needed (presumably those being updated). So, not an issue if you are not planning to use stock.