CM6 "Ninja-Mode" pattern lock

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Loving CM6rc1 so far. Lots of nice little tweaks. For example, the lockscreen changes let you do a number of things, including:
- Getting rid of the Carrier (I know it's Verizon, I don't need a constant reminder)
- Getting rid of the instructions on how to unlock the screen (I know how to unlock my screen!)
- Getting rid of the visible pattern lock dots, path, and even error messages
- Adding a custom message that displays a blurb about being GPS tracked and how to return it to me.

End result - Ninja Pattern Lock!

lockscreenm.jpg

It's just a blank screen, but if you mentally break it into a 3x3 grid and draw your pattern (with no feedback) it unlocks. The average person probably will not even realize that the screen is locked at all!

anuraj1

Reaction score
- Adding a custom message that displays a blurb about being GPS tracked and how to return it to me.

That...is...AWESOME! What a rad feature. I didn't have much luck with CM6-RC1 (SetCPU didn't remember root permissions) but maybe the final release will fix that. This feature is sweet.

ravichopra

Reaction score

That...is...AWESOME! What a rad feature. I didn't have much luck with CM6-RC1 (SetCPU didn't remember root permissions) but maybe the final release will fix that. This feature is sweet.

If you just roll back to SU 2.1 everything works fine. Give it a try. You're missing out on a fantastic ROM...

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
If you just roll back to SU 2.1 everything works fine. Give it a try. You're missing out on a fantastic ROM...

I was going to suggest that, too - but when I tried it, it didn't work. I'm running Superuser Permissions 2.1, SetCPU 2.0.1. My settings do not apply on boot, it always comes up with a max of 600, min of 250, and the only way to make the settings take is to manually move the slider.

anuraj1

Reaction score

I read about that fix. I downloaded the RC as soon as it was posted (i was on irc in koush's channel when it happened) and I spent a few hours getting everything set up perfectly, trying different kernels, etc. before getting frustrated with the setcpu issue and rolling back to BB.4. I figure I'll just wait until the official release this time. Seems like we are probably getting close. I definitely did like it when I had it though, except for the SU situation.

iSpyder

Reaction score
Now i know the secret when i find a MOTODROID with CM6 on it. Lol. But thanks for the info. I might flash CM on mine now just because of this. :D

anuraj1

Reaction score

I was going to suggest that, too - but when I tried it, it didn't work. I'm running Superuser Permissions 2.1, SetCPU 2.0.1. My settings do not apply on boot, it always comes up with a max of 600, min of 250, and the only way to make the settings take is to manually move the slider.

I read that you have to go back to superuser 2.0.3 to fix it.

loggainsd

Reaction score
Very nice. I just did the same thing. It's great for anti-theft. Especially since i really do have GPS tracking with MobileDefense.

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Very nice. I just did the same thing. It's great for anti-theft. Especially since i really do have GPS tracking with MobileDefense.

I used to use "Contact Owner" to accomplish that with a weird hack of alarms on the lockscreen, but this is much more elegant.

Yeah, I signed up for both MobileDefense and WaveSecure when they came out. I currently use WaveSecure.

Now i know the secret when i find a MOTODROID with CM6 on it. Lol. But thanks for the info. I might flash CM on mine now just because of this. :D

Even knowing the secret doesn't help much, since you still need to get the correct pattern. And since it doesn't show your path as you try it, it's a lot harder to guess.

loggainsd

Reaction score
i agree. i checked out the screenshot for contact owner and this does look a lot cleaner. (plus it's one less app). I have tried wavesecure and lookout too but they just seemed to have connection issues when I tried to locate so i wound up staying with mobiledefense. I also have it installed as a system app so It's harder to remove.

Here's a link for that. Installing Mobile Defense as a system application [OFFICIAL] (Page 1) - Tutorials - Mobile Defense
I did the install from sd card method from rom manager. when i tried the adb method it was flaky like the other two apps.

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I also have it installed as a system app so It's harder to remove.

Here's a link for that. Installing Mobile Defense as a system application [OFFICIAL] (Page 1) - Tutorials - Mobile Defense
I did the install from sd card method from rom manager. when i tried the adb method it was flaky like the other two apps.

Yeah, I was pretty stoked when they added that feature. The force-GPS-even-when-GPS-is-disabled is a pretty awesome feature. WaveSecure does the system-app now, too, with the GPS and prevent-uninstall thing as well.

Here's the update.zip method for WS, couldn't be simpler. I keep it on my SD card so I can reinstall whenever I get a new ROM. They made it so you don't need a text message confirmation just for a reinstall, which is nice and saves me $0.40 each time or whatever 2 txts cost now.

www.wavesecure.com/installations/update.zip