Soak test invites going out for Droid Turbo

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Droid life reporting soak test invites going out.

DROID Turbo Soak Test From Motorola Firing Up, Could be Lollipop and VoLTE
droid-turbo-review-9.jpg

Motorola is prepping a soak test for owners of the DROID Turbo, which could contain an update to Lollipop, as well as VoLTE functionality. If it is indeed Lollipop, other Turbo owners who did not receive this invite should be equally as excited, as Motorola continues to impress with their quick rollout of Android 5.0 to devices.

Besides the big jump to Lollipop, added VoLTE functionality would be quite welcomed by those who wish to take advantage of using Voice and Data simultaneously over Verizon’s LTE network, as well as place HD Voice calls to other VoLTE handsets.

Turbo owners, be on the lookout over the next couple of weeks, as Motorola tests this build, then rolls it out publicly.

Here is the email hitting the inbox of Turbo owners.

Hi,

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Motorola Droid Turbo on Verizon to participate in an early preview of a new software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid Turbo, please excuse and ignore this email.

The registration window is very short for this activity, and we can only accept a limited number of participants. Please don’t wait to respond. Sorry for the short notice.

Click this link — XXX — to take the enrollment survey if you wish to take part.

This is a confidential test under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network. Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites.

Thanks – please understand that start times are always fluid. We ask for your patience if you register but don’t hear from us right away.

Matt
Motorola Owners’ Forums
Motorola Feedback Network

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself.
DROID Turbo Soak Test From Motorola Firing Up Could be Lollipop and VoLTE Droid Life

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I understood only what was in the invite was Confidential.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The invite is closed now. I understood only what was in the invite was Confidential.

I've been a soak tester in the past when I've owned Motorola devices. When you sign up for it, you agree to keep everything confidential about soak tests, including information, invites, and the particulars of the actual build you're testing. Of course there are always many people who don't care about what they agreed to and tell the world about everything.

If this is 5.0 (and that still has yet to be confirmed), I'm glad to see that Motorola is continuing to turn out fast updates. At the very least, even if it's not 5.0, I'm hoping this update does bring VoLTE support so that users can have simultaneous voice and data when needed.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Soak testers are weak now a days. Before, the beans were spilled immediately :p

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Spill the beans!!! We have ways of making you talk Mr. Salvo!! Lmao

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Mr. Moto will make my DT Blow up and .....and....." I know Nothing " :rolleyes:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mr. Moto will make my DT Blow up and .....and....." I know Nothing " :rolleyes:
Breaks out the Justin beiber cd's... Is that your final answer??? Lol

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
There is nothing going on it's just like "Wag the Dog" Please no Beiber I'd rather be H2o boarded.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I'm hoping this update does bring VoLTE support so that users can have simultaneous voice and data when needed.
I've seen this noted multiple times when people talk about the Turbo being able to do voice and data simultaneously. However, as I understand it (and I'm SURE I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken) in order for VoLTE to work (and therefore to have simultaneous voice/data) BOTH parties on the call must be on VoLTE. How many phones are there in users hands right now that can do VoLTE? I suspect that it will be quite some time (years?) before the majority of phones are so equipped.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I've seen this noted multiple times when people talk about the Turbo being able to do voice and data simultaneously. However, as I understand it (and I'm SURE I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken) in order for VoLTE to work (and therefore to have simultaneous voice/data) BOTH parties on the call must be on VoLTE. How many phones are there in users hands right now that can do VoLTE? I suspect that it will be quite some time (years?) before the majority of phones are so equipped.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

I think AT&T and Verizon are going to allow Volte to Volte calls between carriers as well.