So who's leading the screen protector race?

fjhiii

Reaction score
I went naked on my Moto Droid, never had a problem.

I put my Incredible in my pocket with my money clip and I have some deep scratches on the screen now. DOH. It was only 2 days old.

Now, I don't give a crap about scratching this phone. But, if I had known that this screen will scratch, then I would have used a protector.

sanitroc

Reaction score
ZAGG is by far the best (IMHO). Install the protector correctly and one should have no problem with it. I like the feel of the screen, rubber like. I've tested it with forks and steak knives and it went undisturbed. I did get the full phone coverage and a har clip on case both together my phone seemingly has no wear after removing said protection. 10/10 for ZAGG.

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
bought the three pack from verizon :D it works well for me

really?? interesting. To each their own i suppose, I cant stand the fact that it only covers the screen and not the rest of the glass surface. I dont want scratches all over the black part and around my home buttons...

tktouch12

Reaction score
those steinheil crystals are definately really great.
i forget its on

D13-R37

Reaction score
Here's the thing…

I went awhile w/o using a screen protector due to the hardness level of the screen and how difficult it truly is to scratch it. The reason I finally decided to get a screen protector? Fingerprints. Bottom line, default screen harvests the very oil from your fingers and gathers it in masses making it a constant war to wipe them off.

So I did my research and found a company which is truly top of the line. I now swear by Phantomskinz. The one problem w/ almost every screen protectoor is that their hardness level is poor and instead of fingerprint harvesting the protectors COLLECT scratches and scuffs. The key to Phantomskinz is the technology. Phantom Skinz are made from Durable “Self Healing” film technology that allows most dings and scratches to “heal” after a 24 hour period. These things Kick some Frelling Arse!

There is a difficulty level at putting the screen protectors on, you will find its similar to tinting a car. Follow the directions or have a good friend do it. To this day I can barely ever tell I even have a screen protector!

Check it out! You can go extreme and get a full body protector or like me just nab the two screen protectors for under $10 I believe.

PhantomSkinz

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
I used ZAGG on all the BB's in the past but heard about steinheil crystal once I got my Dinc. The steinheil crystal is not available yet so I have the ZAGG on the way. Can anyone tell me if the ZAGG covers the entire front pat of the phone or just the screen area? FWIW - I saw a couple of vid's on here where people were absolutley beating the *&%# out of their screen with no marks - but I certainly want to be "protected"...

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
I used ZAGG on all the BB's in the past but heard about steinheil crystal once I got my Dinc. The steinheil crystal is not available yet so I have the ZAGG on the way. Can anyone tell me if the ZAGG covers the entire front pat of the phone or just the screen area? FWIW - I saw a couple of vid's on here where people were absolutley beating the *&%# out of their screen with no marks - but I certainly want to be "protected"...

they cover the whole screen. make sure you let the phone cure while being off at least over night after you install it. otherwise you'll get the dreaded "orange" peel.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the Clear-Coat screen protector. They make full body protectors but I already have a shell on my droid. I have had the screen protector on for about 3 weeks now and it is still perfect. They give you the spray solution, let it cure overnight and I have no bubbles at all. My only gripe is that it isn't quite evenly cut, not a huge deal, but little things like that bother me sometimes.

Gatsby

Reaction score
You're in luck

The ZAGG (screen protector) covers the Drinc's entire face with cut outs for the (circular) mic at the bottom and the earphone at the top.

I installed mine yesterday and didn't leave it sit and cure for 24 hours and now have the orange peel effect:shocked: so be patient.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks like the stealth guard and Zagg use the same material for their screen protectors, but stealth guard is allot cheaper, only if I had known before ordering from zagg, looks like stealth guard is new on the scene.