So what do you think?

lloyd2398

Reaction score
So I was wondering and would like all others opinion as well, I personaly think that this forum should have a chat option that when you log on then the chat option is available to you so its easier to connect with people and brouse the forums at the same time. Im curious to know what others think about this option as well please leave a comment and we shall see what happens from here.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
that would be a great feature, much faster than waiting for a response via the boards or PM.

however, i can also see some "Chat abuse", which is why i think the mods have refrained from implementing it.

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
ya i can understand they wont because of the abuse to add a note on that, its just to damn bad that people cant act their age and mature up i bet those imature ones that would abuse the chat option they would act mature enough for others to help them out fixing their phone just goes to show that those type of people is what ruins it for the rest of us

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
well if there is goign to be a chat feature, a friend list of some sort should be implemented.

users would have to accept other users before they're allowed to chat.

i've helped a couple forum members via PM and would've loved a chat feature during those times.

djonesalex

Reaction score
That feature would be a great addon!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There is an IRC channel for here freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) but it's been empty since November lol. I usually hang out in blackdroidmod channel because most of the other devs' channels are dead and I like to chat.

Admin doesn't like the chat rooms because a lot of the help would be lost instead of here on the board. Plus, as stated above, you've always got the disgruntled losers that have to ruin it for everyone.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering and would like all others opinion as well, I personaly think that this forum should have a chat option that when you log on then the chat option is available to you so its easier to connect with people and brouse the forums at the same time.
I'd never use it. I'm on other sites that have something similar and I don't use the feature on those sites.