So many bugs.

cmcguffee

Reaction score
Ok, let's start this, I was running 902 with TargaMIUI on my safe system side. I heard the 905 update fixed radio problems so I disabled safe system, used voodoo to backup and temp unroot, updated and **** happened. I got my root back on fine, but after a few boits noticed no more safestrap splash screen. Easy fix, I just reinstalled. I started noticing a lot of stuff I hated about the update, serious bugs. The gallery not opening bug got way worse, I magically lost 3gb of internal storage making downloads impossible, couldn't switch on safe system even, because it had limited me to 7mb of available space. So I didn't feel like restarting and just restored back to 902 in safestrap. I thought "problem solved". No. I start off with safe system on, it's stuck in a boot loop though now. I decide to turn off safesystem....not enough available internal storage. So I push myself through the quick toggle safe system. My phone boots. I start using it and notice that my stock firmware doesn't have gapps. I didn't think that was even possible? I tried simply installing the Play Store manually since it wasn't full gapps missing just everything I actually use. I install it and the icon appears, but it force closes on start up. I won't even attempt asking the ****ty Moto customer service for help, so android community, help me please.:(

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Factory reset start clean . If u need to back up internal sd card and sbf to 902 take ota to 905 . Thenn root. That's what I did 0 problems.. Heard safe strap causes issues

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm still pissed at Motorola though. They're making this **** more difficult for no reason.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm still pissed at Motorola though. They're making this **** more difficult for no reason.

Exactly how is Motorola at fault here? You're modding your phone in ways it was never intended. If you're going to mod/hack/play around, you're going to have the occasional issue pop up. Luckily, it's darn near impossible to brick these phones.

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
I accept the responsibility that we all take when we mod our phones, but I'm saying Motorola has done stuff that really just makes everything far more difficult. I mean was there really any gain for them from using military grade locking on the boot loader? No, it just makes dev's jobs way harder. Also, one reason main reason I'm modding is that I want that ics we've all had teasing us from every other companies phones. Lastly, I was running stock when I encountered the bugs. I was pretty freshly updated on the 905 update and I hadn't even done anything with the root when things started. The bugs pretty much forced me to rom my phone. I'm just mad at how many hopes Motorola has crushed with this phone. They aren't letting it get to its full potential, and they're blocking the devs from it as well.

matthew2478

Reaction score
People blame Motorola when its Verizon locking the bootloader. Moto has nothing to do with the locked boot loader.

matthew2478

Reaction score
And by the way safe strap uses a lot of memory I just found when I did the pics leak that safe strap it self was using 8 gigs of memory on what was saved

nobreak1970

Reaction score
I accept the responsibility that we all take when we mod our phones, but I'm saying Motorola has done stuff that really just makes everything far more difficult. I mean was there really any gain for them from using military grade locking on the boot loader? No, it just makes dev's jobs way harder. Also, one reason main reason I'm modding is that I want that ics we've all had teasing us from every other companies phones. Lastly, I was running stock when I encountered the bugs. I was pretty freshly updated on the 905 update and I hadn't even done anything with the root when things started. The bugs pretty much forced me to rom my phone. I'm just mad at how many hopes Motorola has crushed with this phone. They aren't letting it get to its full potential, and they're blocking the devs from it as well.

What hopes are crushed? We are getting a kick ass ICS upgrade. No hopes crushed for me. :)
The only thing the devs cannot do because of the locked bootloader is use custom kernels in their roms.

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
Ya I'm looking into redoing a bunch of stuff on my phone when I get my ram for my computer I gotta edit some zips too so I might swell knock all of it out at once and I think my safe strap is using like 5gb but that's all it had available