Stuck at Motorola Logo after trying to fxz back to .902 from ICS Leak

useltonm

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm stuck at the Motorola Logo. I flashed to the ics leak, rooted, installed safestrap, thought i switched to safe side, performed a factory reset, quick toggle to safe side, and installed cm9 w/gapps. It was working fine until I switched back to the non-safe side. I restored the previous non-safe backup I had and rebooted the system. My phone made it past the motorola logo and did nothing else, no boot animation or anything.

Once I got home, I attempted to fxz back to .902 using the pathsaver files. Everything appeared to load to the phone fine, however now I am unable to get past the Motorola logo. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to unbrick my phone?

Thanks,
-Matt

salem667

Reaction score
Go to rootzwiki and download bionic fastboot..... Open rsd lite, hook up phone and flash.... Dont remove phone until completed. They say it may give a warning.... Its okay....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
U

useltonm

Reaction score
RSD has been at step 15/22 flash system for about a half hour. Is this normal?

Go to rootzwiki and download bionic fastboot..... Open rsd lite, hook up phone and flash.... Dont remove phone until completed. They say it may give a warning.... Its okay....

salem667

Reaction score
Yea.... It can take awhile..... I just did it with my bionic...... It gets nerve racking..... A few of the others take a bit to..... Keep me updated..... This messages comes strait to my phone

OP
U

useltonm

Reaction score
It's still stuck at 15/22. Any suggestions? I'm doing this on a laptop, should I be using a desktop?

bhp117

Reaction score
are you using new rsd 5.7 and new window drivers?

try download this file onto your laptop or desktop and do it again

Bionic .902 all-in-one - Droid Bionic - RootzWikiit's a huge file
my friend f'uped his phone yesterday too when he tried to fz back from 2233 so he can get 229
that set of files worked for him now he's on 229

laptop and desktop shouldn't make a difference as long as you have the right drivers
i use my laptop to do all of this stuff and it works fine

Last edited:
OP
U

useltonm

Reaction score
Was using 5.6 with new drivers. Maybe that's my problem. Downloading that file and will try with that when done if my spare battery has enough of a charge. First battery died. Looks like i'm going to have to get a battery only charger.

I didn't think it would matter as I've used the laptop to fxz back to .902 so I could do the ics leak, but it seems to be a common question asked of people having issues with a fxz problem.

And thanks for the help guys! This is the first time I've had an issue that I couldn't fix on my phone. Guess I don't know as much as I thought I did!

bhp117

Reaction score
when don't you try to install the 5.7 first theres a link to that file i'll look it up

OP
U

useltonm

Reaction score
That did it! Thank you so much guys! :hail:

Back on .902 and on my way back to ics. :biggrin:

bhp117

Reaction score
glad you got it fixed
which ics you jumping to?
i'm on 229 and it's been good

OP
U

useltonm

Reaction score
Probably jump to .229 as it's the latest. Only had .2233 for about 5.5 hours before I borked my phone yesterday. Thankfully I now have the right stuff to get it back if I do it again. I'll also probably flash cm9 onto the safe side again. Are you using an ICS leak Rom?

bhp117

Reaction score
i'm on 229 stock right now just to play with it to see what works and what doesn't compare it to 2233
glad i'm still oc to 1.2 that's the only thing i worry about is if they'll bring me back to 1.0 as i was 1.2 on both 2231 and 2233
all the roms for ics leak will work if you have safestrap 2.0
i tried liquid muiu and aokp last night and all works fine
i like liquid alittle more coz it's really slim down to almost nothing and it's very smooth, to me it feels more polish than aokp and muiu
have fun flashing