Bionic not able to format data

gobi42

Reaction score
So I'm running 902 rooted with Dagestan and have eclipse 2.2 on the safe system when I try to disable safe system it fails says cannot format data so I rebooted into eclipse and I can't access anything on my internal ad card camera fc and when I open the gallery is say USB storage unmounting and then displays Nutting any ideas??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

eye_dea

Reaction score
Did u make a backup of your unsafe system (stock)?

OP
G

gobi42

Reaction score
Yeah I did for sure first thing I do but I can't seem to restore any of my back UPS how ever I haven't tried restoring that back up

eye_dea

Reaction score
So your on safe and want to go back to unsafe?

eye_dea

Reaction score
Might have to try a quick toggle. Your gonna lose data on safe side, but it sounds like it has problems anyways

eye_dea

Reaction score
Do not try to restore backup of unsafe system while toggled in safe system.

OP
G

gobi42

Reaction score
So I quick toggled to unsafe system and restored my non safe back up and it fails on formatting /system just like it does in safe mode

OP
G

gobi42

Reaction score
ok so i just noticed that my safestrap recovery has the clockwork mod circle and hat logo in the back and i could have sore that it use to be a android guy with a ball that spun in his tummy?? or am i just being retarded

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
No, you are correct. Did you have both recovery's installed or did you try to access recovery thru the power button toggle?

OP
G

gobi42

Reaction score
no i don't and and no i always go though the menu button and i can't uninstall the recovery i click on it it goes though the process but it doesn't uninstall it and no matter what i do in recover it doesn't make any changes even if i do a data factory reset but it fails says can not format data if i do a toggle and then it fails to format /system

edit: i forgot i tried to fxz back to 902 but it failed due to could not see the phone in fastboot mode

Last edited:

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
no i don't and and no i always go though the menu button and i can't uninstall the recovery i click on it it goes though the process but it doesn't uninstall it and no matter what i do in recover it doesn't make any changes even if i do a data factory reset but it fails says can not format data if i do a toggle and then it fails to format /system

edit: i forgot i tried to fxz back to 902 but it failed due to could not see the phone in fastboot mode
PM me and we'll fix it