So lost right now

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok i'm trying to get my asuion insurance to give me a new phone. Im so lost on the process. I just tried doing a claim on the site but it told me what i described was a equipment malfunction and to call Verizon because its covered by extended warrenty. I DONT HAVE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. Id say a broken non working phone is a perfect thing for insurance to cover.... Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?
On top of this i cant access myverizon becuase my account is locked. Somehow putting 3 incorrect passwords locked my account. Arg.... literally the only way to unlock is to call. I hate talking to peeps on the phone.

Last edited:

brandon9559

Reaction score
Insurance is for physical damaged devices. Warranty is for a device malfunction that is not your fault that happens within the first year of owning the device. Warranty is always better...BC its free. Asurion will cost you 89.00....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
My warrenty expired in nov of 2010. I have no extended warrenty. i bought insurance though. The lcd is broke, not displaying a thing. Id rather pay $89 then 150 for one off ebay....

brandon9559

Reaction score
Yeah that's definitely an insurance issue...its odd that they told you that. I don't even see how asurion would know if u had an extended warranty anyway..

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Suck it up and call them.

Interesting suggestion. Cuz i really had a choice not to right? :blink: Lol, top notch helpful answers at droidforums. I can say i help peeps here all the time but when something pops up i need help on i dont see much useful and helpful info. kinda fruitless....which depresses me. I truly thank you guys for trying to help though, lol i had 2 posts on 3 different things i had questions on lately (which is rare) and only a couple peeps really had try to help. I think most my issues are gone though, i sorted all of them out. I called everyone today that i needed to, took me 2 hours but i got it done. Asurion Costumer Service just plain sucks, I get the unwelcome vibe from them when i call. kinda like a bad car salesman or something bsing me. Im glad Vz has great Costomer service. It would have been a worse day otherwise. I cant say i would have been rational at a third hour though; Im glad i didn't snap on the phone. lol,was on the verge thats for sure. I can only explain my situation so many times to a person that barely understands me. 0.o Asurion Cs<VZ Cs no contest. +1 for the english language too. maybe i should learn a couple languages from India just to get things done faster. Sorry to sound bitter guys.. Long day :mad::icon_cussing: Naptime. :p and Maybe ill edit this post down when i wakeup and actully reread it. Cant really gage it at the moment.

dcook12

Reaction score
Suck it up and call them.

Interesting suggestion. Cuz i really had a choice not to right? :blink: Lol, top notch helpful answers at droidforums. I can say i help peeps here all the time but when something pops up i need help on i dont see much useful and helpful info. kinda fruitless....which depresses me. I truly thank you guys for trying to help though, lol i had 2 posts on 3 different things i had questions on lately (which is rare) and only a couple peeps really had try to help. I think most my issues are gone though, i sorted all of them out. I called everyone today that i needed to, took me 2 hours but i got it done. Asurion Costumer Service just plain sucks, I get the unwelcome vibe from them when i call. kinda like a bad car salesman or something bsing me. Im glad Vz has great Costomer service. It would have been a worse day otherwise. I cant say i would have been rational at a third hour though; Im glad i didn't snap on the phone. lol,was on the verge thats for sure. I can only explain my situation so many times to a person that barely understands me. 0.o Asurion Cs<VZ Cs no contest. +1 for the english language too. maybe i should learn a couple languages from India just to get things done faster. Sorry to sound bitter guys.. Long day :mad::icon_cussing: Naptime. :p and Maybe ill edit this post down when i wakeup and actully reread it. Cant really gage it at the moment.

Try to realize it is a phone, not an organ or an incurable disease. I understand your frustration. I think a lot of us can feel your pain. When phones and warrantees are involved, unfortunately nobody here can fix your problem on the forum. You have a unique situation with a certain phone that can only be solved between your verizon tech center or your phone provider nobody here knows your plan...don't blame anyone for not helping you. I think everyone wishes they could, but still understand your aggravation...but just to say it again ....it's a phone.....calm down and you will get it fixed. Good luck!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you're paying for the $6.99 or $7.99 plan, that includes an extended warranty. If its physical damage, that would DEF be the insurance side. Weird the computer said that though. I hate talking on the phone too! Haha

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

RCFlyn

Reaction score
When you get your replacement, IF you have Problems with it, Don't waste your time calling assuron back about it... Go Straight to Verizon Store, Do NOT Pass Go, Do NOT Collect $200... Go to the Store, Tell the Rep the Problem. Let THEM Call Assuron for you. That will get you into an Emergency Situation, and you'll be treated better...
With my Eris, my first replacement (refurbed) would eat the battery within a few hours, and it was almost hot enough to burn your hand. Verizon Called for me, Assuron found me a "Brand Spanking NEW" Eris, and had it in my hands at 10am the next day (well, 2 days, I went to verizon at 2 saturday afternoon, had NEW Eris 10am Monday morning).

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you get your replacement, IF you have Problems with it, Don't waste your time calling assuron back about it... Go Straight to Verizon Store, Do NOT Pass Go, Do NOT Collect $200... Go to the Store, Tell the Rep the Problem. Let THEM Call Assuron for you. That will get you into an Emergency Situation, and you'll be treated better...
With my Eris, my first replacement (refurbed) would eat the battery within a few hours, and it was almost hot enough to burn your hand. Verizon Called for me, Assuron found me a "Brand Spanking NEW" Eris, and had it in my hands at 10am the next day (well, 2 days, I went to verizon at 2 saturday afternoon, had NEW Eris 10am Monday morning).

Thats actually not a bad idea. I wasn't aware they call Asurion though. Haha next time. I dout ill have the D1 long enough for another digitizer to go out. At least i hope not...

If you're paying for the $6.99 or $7.99 plan, that includes an extended warranty. If its physical damage, that would DEF be the insurance side. Weird the computer said that though. I hate talking on the phone too! Haha

Im going to be honest, i had no clue about that. lol, I literally could have shaved a good hour and 20 min off my time today if i did. They actually offered me an upgrade first but i said no, im not jumping the gun before i know what that Targa is.

Try to realize it is a phone, not an organ or an incurable disease. I understand your frustration. I think a lot of us can feel your pain. When phones and warrantees are involved, unfortunately nobody here can fix your problem on the forum. You have a unique situation with a certain phone that can only be solved between your verizon tech center or your phone provider nobody here knows your plan...don't blame anyone for not helping you. I think everyone wishes they could, but still understand your aggravation...but just to say it again ....it's a phone.....calm down and you will get it fixed. Good luck!!

Wrong, this is an extra organ. Without phone, no moolah which means a very unhappy college fund. Expecially since tution just raised. Haha this baby is a lifeline to.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
if it comes down to it man tell insurance someone stole it or u dropped it in the toilet they will have to give u a new one cuz ur paying them and they will send u a phone, charger, sd card the whole thing all of it good luck
Really, Insurance Fraud? I`m pretty sure thats not a recommended way to get your phone fixed here on DF...

droidxethan

Reaction score
Technically not since his phone is broke...but I hear ya disregard my post

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Giving the wrong information is fraud, no?

Technically not since his phone is broke...but I hear ya disregard my post

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha its all good guys, no need for a toilet. Id say since insurance adds extended warranty then i have all around coverage... I really take care of my stuff so that extended manufacturers warranty is more valuable then Asurion. The device just quitting is more likely then me accidentally dropping it in the great porcelain god.