So long Galaxy Nexus...hello LG G2

TheCleaner

Reaction score
Well, it was time.

My Galaxy Nexus was dropped and developed a slight crack. Nothing that couldn't be lived with using a screen protector, but I was simply getting tired of the device.

It was a great phone EXCEPT for battery life and when using Google Search vs. just going into a browser and using google.com. I kept it stock the entire time unlike my previous OG droid, only rooting it this time around.

Battery life was appalling for me the entire time. I'm an IT Manager so I'm constantly syncing background data, but often I'm on WIFI. Even still, I might get 3 or 4 hours out of the stock battery and maybe 4-6 out of the official extended battery I bought. Worse when it was on just the 4G, often barely making it 2-3 hours and that's with just light use and background data.

But the LG G2 is rocking. I used it on battery yesterday from morning to bed with HEAVY usage for me...which meant zero screen timeout setting, 4G only but with wifi on (disconnected), bluetooth on, gps on, etc. The thing still managed to go the entire 16 hours and still showed an estimated 6 hours remaining. Now THAT's what I wanted out of my GNex! And the G2 is so smooth and quick. Granted the UI is having to grow on me now, but I like a lot of the "gimmicks" it offers now.

So long Galaxy Nexus, I'm sticking a case on you and handing you over to the kids to play with on wifi now.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Congrats on the new phone. One of the lines in my house is currently using the LG G2 and they absolutely love it. I was fairly impressed with it myself.