So i'm curious.....

Lurkingfear

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm currently running a droid with sapphire 2.0 and the renovated theme. My question is this:

Is there a way I can tether my droid to my iPad? I'm wondering this because I recently saw an article about how you could do it with an iPhone, too bad I absolutely despise the iPhone :p. Just FYI my iPad is jailbroken. If anyone has any information on this I would greatly appreciate it! (I have the usb port addon for it as well)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have the wireless app? I got it from Google not the market. Turns your phone into a hotspot

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jayman350

Reaction score
I use an app called "Wireless Tether for Root Users" its free in the market. You turn it on and then your droid becomes a wifi hotspot that you can connect to... even if it is an i-device.

OP
L

Lurkingfear

Reaction score
Ahhh ya, I forgot to say im actually looking for a Wired tether option.

kevev99

Reaction score
There's a wired tether app from Google too. You can Google "android wired tether" and it should give you the link. Not sure that one is in the Market.

shark1987

Reaction score
you found an app that lets you do a wired tether to the iPad? Where did you find an iPhone app that does that?

I'm pretty sure your only option is a wireless tether. In which case, Wireless Tether app is where it's at! I use it all the time. Comes in real handy if my home internet goes down.

heleos

Reaction score
you found an app that lets you do a wired tether to the iPad? Where did you find an iPhone app that does that?

I'm pretty sure your only option is a wireless tether. In which case, Wireless Tether app is where it's at! I use it all the time. Comes in real handy if my home internet goes down.

I don't think the iPad needs anything special on its end. All it needs to know is to look for an internet connection. My laptop doesn't need anything to run wired tether from my droid

shark1987

Reaction score
well the iPad would have to have something special, it's not like it has a regular USB port to plug into. You would definitely need a special cable/adapter or something.

heleos

Reaction score
well the iPad would have to have something special, it's not like it has a regular USB port to plug into. You would definitely need a special cable/adapter or something.

Well.. you said "app" :p

Maybe an adapter from usb to usb-micro