Hi, I am new.

kiyoshi.kun

Reaction score
I just recently bought a Mytouch 3G Slide and to be honest I don't really know what is so great about the phone. I had a Jailbroken iPhone but it died on me, and I really want to hack my phone, but don't know how to. What is the differance between a Hacked Droid, and an iPhone? Just curious.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I had a stock iPhone and now I have a rooted Droid. I can do so much with my rooted Droid (install custom rom, theme, over clock, and tether) to name a few.

I've not had any experience with a MyTouch, therefore, I am unable to make any additional comparisons.

Mike

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
An iPhone and an Android phone run different apps and have different features while at the same time have many similarities. Both can browse the web. Android 2.2 lets you browse flash websites. A hacked phone can let you run customized software that you or others put together. Many do so to overclock their phone, custimize their screens or to gain the ability to use the phone as a wifi hotspot.

Your jailbroken iPhone let you have greater access over the stock iPhone. A rooted android phone gives you the same ability. An unrooted android phone already lets you install non-market apps but some apps require a rooted phone in order to function.

OP
K

kiyoshi.kun

Reaction score
I can't find a tutorial that is actually 100% convincing and or detailed based on Hacking... Any Recomendations?