New to rooting and to droid!

lotaco87

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Kyle. I'm a paramedic in Alabama, I'm 24 yrs. old. I use to own an iphone (my first smart phone). Just bought my wife and me our first droid's in January of this year. The type of phone is a Samsung Showcase Cellular South (now C-Spire) version. I really want to root this phone so I can unlock the full potential of the device. I had a jailbroken iPhone that crapped on me, so that's why I made the switch to droid. My phone still has Eclair on it, so from what I have been reading, I think I can use z4root..... Please correct me if I am wrong on this!! Also, I know this isn't the right forum for this, but Can someone please tell me if I will need any other apps installed along with z4root? If so, do I need to run them before or after I install z4, and what are the best apps to install if so? Thanks for the welcome into the droid side! Look forward to hearing from all of you!

DrZenga

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I hope you will be pleased with your droid. I can root l, I'm just not so great with explaining and writing it up. I'm sure someone will come in here and instruct you on how to do so. the people in this forum are very helpful.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DrZenga

Reaction score
And am i a retard for not know what c-spire is?

DrZenga

Reaction score
And you might want to put what type of phone you have like a samsung blah blah. I think it takes different rooting tools for different types of phones...maybe I'm wrong though.

OP
L

lotaco87

Reaction score
Dr Zenga, thanks for all of the info so far!!! You're not a retard, C-Spire is no the new name for Cellular South phone company. Also, my phone is a Samsung Showcase or Samsung SCH-I500.

DrZenga

Reaction score
http://rootzwiki.com/forumdisplay.php?24-Mesmerize-Fascinate-Showcase Go here and read up all about rooting. You can ask them questions because you're going to need to know about sbf cwr and things like that. Rooting can be risky business and can brick you phone! Make sure to do you're research! I'm sure some fellas/gals can help you out here. I'm sure if you look here in the forums under a tab that has tour phone model on it you can find pretty much the same thing on rootzwiki. I'm just on the droidforums so i jave no url to copy.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ALOHA welcome to the forum. im not familiar with that device, dont even know if z4 will work. but i strongly suggest to read up on the android system, different from iPhone iOS. ensure u have a back up file, know what current file u need to sbf in case something happens.