so i was thinking...

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
now i know that this is a retarded question but hey look whos asking it lol, i have a DX so my question is wouldnt all roms work with any phone and the only thing that would have to be done is change the framework for that respective phone or is it not that easy. the reason i ask is because to my understanding all droids are the same as far as software goes and the only thing that changes is the hardware so how hard is it to do this...i hope i made sense if not well im sorry lol...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although a phone may Operate on the same O/S they are by no means the same - we do not suggest putting "any" ROM that was made for one device onto another unless the proper "port" has been performed - xml's all throughout each device are all scripted and coded different and almost completely incompatable

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The best way to learn is read - and if you are unsure about something ask first - we like to help and are full of information :wink:

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
yeah i know i been reading for a while and its a bit overwhelming for me being that sometimes i dont have patients but so far i think the forums has giving me some patients, cause if i dont take the time to read i will screw something up and so far so good...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well its either having patience or a 500 dollar brick so ur choice :)

most people will then pick the former of the two lol