Gingerbread Screen Transitions

jumpinghooligans

Reaction score
I've done some searching but haven't found anything pertaining to this topic so I apologize if this question has already been asked.

Right now I'm running the .588 leak with Broodcomb 2.0 and things are running fairly smoothly. One of the biggest things (if not the only thing) I miss from the old 2.2 ROMS was the ability to change the screen transition animations.

On Gingerbread it seems like I'm stuck with a single animation: the next screen appears and zooms forward. Now I don't really have a problem with this animation per se, but I did enjoy the more minimalistic animations that were available with 2.2. For instance I really enjoyed the stock left-to-right slide animation where the next screen would just slide in. I also enjoyed the animation where the current screen would fly off to the upper-right (may be wrong I'm going by memory) and the new screen was behind it.

I've tried playing around with Anim Mod but that only seems to affect certain transitions for instance it will change the animation when unlocking the phone but when I go into settings or say, the market the transitions are still the stock zoom in.

Does anyone know of an easy way to change these transitions? Do I need to throw a new ROM on my phone? What ROM?

OP
J

jumpinghooligans

Reaction score
Link?

Would you be able to provide a link for me? Every Anim Mod I find just points me to the market.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ROM Toolbox Lite - Android Apps on Google Play

[How To] + [MOD] Custom Transition Animations

Amazing to look back on android to remember we had to rely on apps like setcpu and hidden settings tricks to adjust transition and animation speeds to give our droids that extra kick. In 2013 Google actually incorporated such in a hidden settings menu.

Yet I forget that many may not have been around when we found this so videos like these are met with cheer while I go ....."huh uhh that was not something new or special".

Good video though for those who may not be aware of the hidden menu.