So How Screwed am I?

dwmackay

Reaction score
Greetings.

I had Gummy ROM installed and decided to flash back to stock for a bit. I downloaded the stock rom 2.1 from Droid Fiend and put it on my SD card. I booted into recovery, mounted system, formated system, wiped cache and data, load ROM from SD and it got stuck. The little progress bar was on the bottom, but it was not moving at all. After about 10 minutes of nothing, I pulled the battery to try again...

Seems like something along there was a mistake.

So now, I can only boot into the Android boot loader. Clockwork will not come up for some reason. If I try to reboot, I get nothing but the lovely white M. unless I hold the X which will then let me go into standard android boot loader.

Any advice is appreciated.

Doug M.

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
Seems like I have to be able to boot and connect to the PC to SBF. Is there some way to do that from where I am now?

Edit: Hold that. I booted and held the up key. Now I am connected to the PC. I'll try to follw the SBF directions and will let you know if I run into trouble. Thanks for the advice.

Doug M.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You'll need a PC first and foremost. Then you'll need rsd lite 4.9 I believe is the up to date version. Then you'll need to download the current sbf for 2.3.2 and then you'll need to boot in to the bootloader by pulling and replacing the battery and then holding the power button and the keyboards up button simultaneously.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
Thanks for your help.

It seems to be loading via RSD Lite 4.9. Slowly counting up toward 100%.
What is next? Will I then have an unrooted factory fresh Motorola phone?

Doug M.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.

It seems to be loading via RSD Lite 4.9. Slowly counting up toward 100%.
What is next? Will I then have an unrooted factory fresh Motorola phone?

Doug M.

You'll be back to stock. Your apps will still be there, including any apps you used when rooted. Factory fresh, no.

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
I finished the steps listed here.

However, now it only boots to the white text Bootloader D2.35

On the screen is says:

Boatloader D2.35
Err:A5,0,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Any clue as to what I should do next?

Edit: I am flashing both SBF files again via SBF to see if that helps.
Edit 2: After flashing a second time, I have the same results.
Edit 3: Thanks for any help. I will move my request over to the Rescue Squad

Last edited:
OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
No response in the Rescue forum, so if you have any ideas I would welcome the help.

Doug M.

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
That is my problem. The only bootloader I get is the one described above. There is no option to wipe anything.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
Thanks for the efforts to get me going. I am throwing in the towel and sending to Motorola for repair. Suprisingly, they said they wil fix it under the warranty.

Doug M.

Reaction score
U don't want them to send u a warranty replacement, it'll be a refurb and the hardware isn't as good as the original batch of droid 2s, learned this the hard way, you got into the bootloader, you can flash the sbf from rsd lite easily, I do it at least once a week. Trust me, refurbs are bad news, I could oc my original d2 to 1.45 stable, and this refurb reboots over 1.2

Reaction score
And there should not be two files to sbf with, I've tried that method and it didn't work for me.

You want to search the forums for team black hat triple threat, I use rsdlite 4.8 and the sbf from that thread and it works flawlessy, rsdlite will recognize your phone as a 4g OMAP flash device, but that is correct

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
Oops! One more mistake. The Droid 2 went to Motorola today. Hopefully the replacement will be OK.

My problem was the bootloader was stuck. I am certian I did something wrong, but for the life of me I have no idea what it was. I followed the instructions to the letter. Everything said it completed successfully, but I could never get the phone out of the white text bootloader. It also always had the error message: Err:A5,0,70,00,1F after every SBF flash attempt.

The instructions I followed had me flash 2 files, one about 400MB, the other less than 1 MB.

I think when I Mounted System and Wiped system, I totally screwed things up.

I'll probably root but stick with stock for the replacement.

Thanks for the help.

Doug M.

miketoasty

Reaction score
You used the wrong SBF. You may be charged for a replacement since its somewhat obvious you were messing with your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App