Yummy Droid 2 Smoothie in my Future?? - Stuck in Bootloader

dwmackay

Reaction score
Greetings,

I had Gummy ROM installed on my Droid 2 and decided to flash back to stock for a bit. I downloaded the stock rom 2.1 from Droid Fiend and put it on my SD card. I booted into recovery, mounted system, formated system, wiped cache and data, load ROM from SD and it got stuck. The little progress bar was on the bottom, but it was not moving at all. After about 10 minutes of nothing, I pulled the battery to try again.

Seems like something along there was a mistake...

My D2 would only show the White round "M" and not progress. I booted into the D2.35 bootloader by holding the up arrow and tried to recover by flashing SBF using the steps listed Here. That completed successfully.

However, now it only boots to the white text Bootloader D2.35

On the screen is says:

Boatloader D2.35
Err:A5,0,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I tried to run through the SBF steps a couple more times, but always with the same result. It seems like something is preventing the regular boot and I am stuck in this Bootloader D2.35

Any clue as to what I should do next? Should I drop it in the blender and make a Droid 2 smoothie or is there hope?

Thank you for any advice.

Doug M.

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
This is a shamless bump. Anyone have any ideas? I am out of phone service. Surely one of you technical studs can crack the code here.

Any advice is appreciated.

Doug M.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't go back to 2.1 with the new baseband/kernel.

You need 2.3.20.

OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score
You can't go back to 2.1 with the new baseband/kernel.

You need 2.3.20.

This is the one I have been trying without success.

I called Motorola, and suprisingly, they told me to send it to them and they would fix it under warranty. So off it goes...

Thanks for the advice.

Doug M.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I called Motorola, and suprisingly, they told me to send it to them and they would fix it under warranty. So off it goes...

Thanks for the advice.

Doug M.

Either you're confused, or you've confused me. In your first post, you stated you tried using 2.1 from a friend. Now, you're saying you've tried 2.3.20. I can assure you the error you're receiving is from trying to load anything other than 2.3.20. I've seen it 1000 times.

If that doesn't work, you can try flashing the 2.35 bootloader.

Last edited:
OP
D

dwmackay

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice.

Doug M.

Either you're confused, or you've confused me. In your first post, you stated you tried using 2.1 from a friend. Now, you're saying you've tried 2.3.20. I can assure you the error you're receiving is from trying to load anything other than 2.3.20. I've seen it 1000 times.

If that doesn't work, you can try flashing the 2.35 bootloader.

I am a bit out of my depth in Android.

My problems started when I tried to revert to Stock by flashing the Stock 2.1 ROM from DroidFiend.com using clockwork. After I totally screwed that up, I tried to SBF by following the instructions in the XDA tutorial, but that created a new and more catastrophic problem. I could not get out of the white text based bootloader and it consistently had an error code of: Err:A5,0,70,00,1F on the boot screen.

The SBF flashing always finished successfully, but it simply would not boot to anything other than the white text D2.35 bootloader with teh error message.

In any event, I mailed it to Motorola today for repalcement. Hopefully the replacement will be OK. If not, I'll just chunk it and get a new D2 Global. I was hoping to wait until April as I am expecting there will be several new handset to chhose from, but the D2G should be plenty good enough for my needs should I need to go that route.

Thanks for the help.

Doug M.