So, how many of you still use Face Unlock?

altjx

Reaction score
So, since Face Unlock came out initially, I was all into it. It was very cool and couldn't wait to show it off to my friends who either didn't have Androids or their Android phones didn't have ICS available yet. I've probably used it majority of the times when unlocking my phone.

However, I have to say that, although I still have it enabled, I rarely use it anymore. I've made the habit of repeatedly tapping the bottom of the screen now to initiate the pattern unlock to go straight to the secondary unlock method. For me, Face Unlock is still cool, but I find it much faster to swipe my hand in a quick pattern and not have to worry about whether or not the phone's going to have problems detecting my face.

I am curious to know how many of you still actually use Face Unlock, and if so, do you ever experience lags and/or experience the camera not recognizing you?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I tried it once... my phones screen cracked... so I think its a bad idea for people like me :D

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
I tried it once... my phones screen cracked... so I think its a bad idea for people like me :D

Haha. What security you use on your phone, if any? I'm considering disabling face unlock since I rarely ever use it, lol.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't use it either. I have it frozen in my phone. I don't use an unlock screen either, but I have my dialer, texting, Facebook and Twitter and my app drawer "hidden" :)

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
I don't use it either. I have it frozen in my phone. I don't use an unlock screen either, but I have my dialer, texting, Facebook and Twitter and my app drawer "hidden" :)

Is it slow for you? Or just not really concerned too much about the security? Lol.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I use the pattern...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I never used it. I like to open my phone as soon as possible so just use the swipe. I have no security on my phone. Do I really need to. My phone is always with me and I haven't lost one yet. I suppose the person who needs to get into my phone is going to be real disappointed. And maybe a little entertained reading texts between me and my friends.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it slow for you? Or just not really concerned too much about the security? Lol.

Not concerned about the security, and if I lost my phone and someone found it they wouldn't be able to use it anyway, they could surf the web or watch Youtube, but they wouldn't be able to call or text anyone or get into my app drawer. :)

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Ah, lol. Interesting. Wouldn't they be able to go to the hidden drawer and launch those apps though?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use Apex Launcher Pro ... it has the dock at the bottom. I only have the camera and the alarm clock icon on the home screen. If you swipe it right or left, it goes blank. :p

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
I use Apex Launcher Pro ... it has the dock at the bottom. I only have the camera and the alarm clock icon on the home screen. If you swipe it right or left, it goes blank. :p

Haha. Do you use any tracking apps in case your phone gets stolen considering there's no security on the lock screen?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Haha. Do you use any tracking apps in case your phone gets stolen considering there's no security on the lock screen?

Nope, my phone doesn't leave me. It's like American Express, I don't leave home without it :biggrin:

SallyC

Reaction score
I just use the swipe. My phone's always in my possession and I've never lost it. I wouldn't think of leaving unattended anymore than a purse.

I do use SeekDroid though, just because I have passwords and so much info on it and loss/theft is possible for a variety of reasons. I don't use the monthly subscription features (e.g., Breadcrumbs, Location Fencing, etc). I just want the ability to remotely locate and/or wipe my phone and SD card if need be.