So finally rooted

Tcizzle

Reaction score
So, realizing that ICS will be longer than I hoped, I finally rooted using motofail.:icon_ banana: So I froze some bloatware. What is the best wifi tether? Is there a hack to make my ringer louder? Not really into ROMing, so what else would be beneficial?

OP
Tcizzle

Tcizzle

Reaction score
I have Foxfi now. It works. Wonder if it's traceable. Also just seeing if there may be a better one. Any other root apps I should get?

bbucks36

Reaction score
Foxfi is good but wifi tether is better,more ui and has a widget. its set up like the hotspot built in the phone.its not traceable as of yet. had since it since i bought my bionic in nov. no difference in billing.root explorer is a must...clockwork also.

Last edited:

jcwilliams

Reaction score
There is a hack for mobile hot spot somewhere that let's you tether and Verizon can't see it...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I have Foxfi now. It works. Wonder if it's traceable. Also just seeing if there may be a better one. Any other root apps I should get?

I wonder about this as well.

You can freely USB tether on the bionic without any 3rd party apps or modifications. Since all you're doing is replacing the cable with WiFi; I don't see why vzw would care.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
they do cause there douche bags. thats why they charge xtra 20 for it.:blink:

For tethering or hotspot?

You can freely USB tether on the Bionic with no extra charge, 3rd party apps, or modifications.

Normally, if you try to USB tether on a vzw phone natively you'll get redirected to a vzw page. On the Bionic (maybe other LTE devices?) you can just do it. No page redirects. According to people who have asked vzw about it say it's not extra.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-tech-support/191744-i-thought-you-had-pay-hotspot-tethering.html

Made a topic about it when I first discovered it. For whatever reason it's not really well known. Which is kind of weird since it's free verizon approved tethering.

OP
Tcizzle

Tcizzle

Reaction score
Foxfi is good but wifi tether is better,more ui and has a widget. its set up like the hotspot built in the phone.its not traceable as of yet. had since it since i bought my bionic in nov. no difference in billing.root explorer is a must...clockwork also.

Clockwork: you're talking bionic bootstrap yes?

gobi42

Reaction score
So can someone point me to where it was said that the bionic wouldn't get ics??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gobi42

Reaction score
That didn't say were weren't getting ics it just said we weren't going to get it in q3 but that's all it said

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Tcizzle

Tcizzle

Reaction score
As previously communicated, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX, DROID 4, DROID BIONIC, DROID XYBOARD 8.2 and 10.1, and MOTOROLA XOOM WiFI + 3G/4G will be upgraded to ICS. Additional details on timing for these products will be shared at a later date.

This is in the second paragraph

OP
Tcizzle

Tcizzle

Reaction score
Sorry I miss read your first post. I was proving that we were getting it.