Why so buggy?!

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I'm surprised with all the bugs that this phone has. I finally got to check one out today and right when I went into an app it fc then the screen was up too high and had to turn display off and back on. I tried taking a picture and it just crashed. How could they of released such an long waited expensive high tech phone with so many bugs?! These aren't even all of them, I heard the headphone jack was buggy as well as scrolling too.

I was so excited and wanted to upgrade, but now after this, I'm gonna wait.(even though I couldn't if wanted to). They really should of tested these phones, I mean they just had to play with the phone for like 2 minutes and they should of been able to see all the bugs that were in it... Maybe not every phone of this kind is like this? Idk.

Anyways, I guess I wanted to post this as a warning, though I know most already known long before.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED w/ DarkslideX but not Overclocked yet.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not all are perfect... id exchange it if i had any of your problems

Ive had zero fc or crashes and im on it all day

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Not all are perfect... id exchange it if i had any of your problems

Ive had zero fc or crashes and im on it all day

Didn't say I had one. This was one in the verizon store on display. So your phone didn't have any of these issues? If not, could be just random phones that have them.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED w/ DarkslideX but not Overclocked yet.

Last edited:

PhontomF

Reaction score
Only issue I have is the noise in the headphone jack but that is easily fixed with volume control. Other then that not one FC or freeze and battery life seems to be improving the more charge cycles it gets. 4G has been extremely stable and fast for me from where I live in the Chicago suburbs taking the train into the city where I work. Overall I'm completely happy with this phone and really can't see myself needing anything more powerful for the foreseeable future.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't say I had one. This was one in the verizon store for display. So your phone didn't have any of these issues? If not, could be just random phones that have them.

I meant to say those problems and nope none.. havent tried the headphone jack yet... but no fc crashes or cam issues other then not being as fast as id hoped (camera) ... the hidden eq is great for boosting speaker quality

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Honestly, not all that many bugs for such a major change. Keep in mind, you were playing with one the public plays with. It's next to impossible to keep those things working properly since so many people mess with them.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I've had 0 problems with my phone so far. Headphones sound just fine. There's no telling what people do with those display phones.

hustler616

Reaction score
the only problem i have with mine is the headphone jack and i dont even notice it at all when i have my music playing. does not bother me at all.
I have had 0 FC. I absolutely love the machine!!

hammytoad

Reaction score
What's the issue with the headjack? Electric interference or static like the OG?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Sectime

Reaction score
Didn't say I had one. This was one in the verizon store on display. So your phone didn't have any of these issues? If not, could be just random phones that have them.

How can people make any decision about any phone after 2 minutes with a display unit?? Then make general statement/judgement on a user forum. Sounds like more bull to me. Maybe a power cycle would have helped. Look at the use history on display phones sometime, or not.

droidtom

Reaction score
I'm having zero issues with mine. Easily the best phone I have ever seen. I can't believe how good the screenis in full sunlight. Its a winner for me

82DMC12

Reaction score
Just thought I'd chime in and say that I've had my Bionic since noon on launch day and I use it for work and play.... zero FC's, not a single redraw, no lag, the phone is totally unstoppable. This is what I wanted my Rooted/ROM'd/OC'd OG to be but it just couldn't do it. The OS seems bug-free to me and the only issue I have is the very slight noise in the headphone jack. Not sure if that's hardware or software, but I don't think it's pervasive enough to be an issue. I only use the music player at the gym or when biking so it's not like I can hear it over the background noise. The battery life is phenomenal and this is quite simply the best phone I've ever had the pleasure of using. And I'm pretty picky.

Bionic

Reaction score
With pretty much any product, the first production runs typically yield a higher rate of defects, so the sporadic reports of defective screens, batteries, headphone jacks, etc. are pretty much par for the course - especially given all the firsts with this particular device. Also, keep in mind that early adopters tend to be a very scrutinizing bunch.

Regarding the software issues, while it might appear that Moto had plenty of time to debug the production build, you have to take into account that the HW was completely redesigned. If anything, there was probably more pressure to accelerate this particular launch than normal.

I'm very happy with mine and would highly recommend it. IMO, it's the best device you can buy today.

Last edited:
OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
With pretty much any product, the first production runs typically yield a higher rate of defects, so the sporadic reports of defective screens, batteries, headphone jacks, etc. are pretty much par for the course - especially given all the firsts with this particular device. Also, keep in mind that early adopters tend to be a very scrutinizing bunch.

Regarding the software issues, while it might appear that Moto had plenty of time to debug the production build, you have to take into account that the HW was completely redesigned. If anything, there was probably more pressure to accelerate this particular launch than normal.

I'm very happy with mine and would highly recommend it. IMO, it's the best device you can buy today.

Lol, and this is coming from the bionic himself! No wonder you love it lol you are it.

I too love to get a bionic, I'm just afraid of having bugs. . I was lucky with no bugs in my dx. Anyways, overall it is a very nice looking phone, but may just wait a little longer to see. Thanks for yours and everyone elses input.

Offsubject a little, but vsing this with dx2, I know they basically have the same thing except for ram and dual core(I think), but when I placed both these phones together, the dx2 to me had more resolution than the bionic(dx2 had smaller icons and words). Idk, maybe it was just me. What do you think?