Just the phone no plan needed for around 199?

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Has anyone found a place for just the phone without a plan for 199 or around that? I have a grandfather plan and don't want to have to open another just for the phone. I'm not able to upgrade til next year either. . Though I heard if call *611 you can but it'll cost 300.. So any place to buy just the phone for cheap or am I gonna have to wait or open another plan on the side(Which I probably won't do)?

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED using DarkslideX but isn't Overclocked yet.

Last edited:

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
the cheap prices ($160-$300) are only with a 2 year contract.
if you buy without a new contract or upgrade the price is $589.

the lower prices are subsidized prices that are only given if you renew or sign a new contract.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
the cheap prices ($160-$300) are only with a 2 year contract.
if you buy without a new contract or upgrade the price is $589.

the lower prices are subsidized prices that are only given if you renew or sign a new contract.

I wouldn't mind the 2 yr contract if could add it to the one I already have. I just was trying to get the phone for low price w/o anything extra. I may just upgrade or wait for some deals to come out.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED using DarkslideX but isn't Overclocked yet.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure you fully understand how the process works... the route you are probably looking for would be an early upgrade...

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I'm not sure you fully understand how the process works... the route you are probably looking for would be an early upgrade...

Yeah. That's something like what I'm looking for. Also was thinking like one my friends did they bought a used dx and got it for 100 bucks like 2 weeks after the dx was released. Anyways, I know and understand now, thanks.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's not ROMED or Overclocked yet.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Yeah. That's something like what I'm looking for. Also was thinking like one my friends did they bought a used dx and got it for 100 bucks like 2 weeks after the dx was released. Anyways, I know and understand now, thanks.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's not ROMED or Overclocked yet.
The bionic won't be going for cheap any time soon.

Whatever you do , don't make any changes to your account or you'll loose unlimited data.

chukeee

Reaction score
It will be a few weeks but you will see the price drop. Don't count on it dropping at Verizon anytime soon though. The tb has been only dropped by 50 bucks out of all this time its been on the market.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums