So finally rooted

gobi42

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was trying to say. If the Droid 3 is getting it why wouldn't we since we have basically the same hardware only real difference is we have 4g and they don't

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Tcizzle

Tcizzle

Reaction score
Who says we're not getting it? I just said originally that it will be a while. End of Q3 at the earliest is my thought.

gobi42

Reaction score
In the OP he said he finally rooted cause no ics that's why I asked where he got his info from

gobi42

Reaction score
Yeah I misread what I said my bad

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
My root apps:
Adfree - blocks ads across the entire phone

Widgetlocker - fully customizable lock screen

Titanium backup - can backup a clone copy of your phone to your SD card, so if you get a new phone or anything (or factory reset your current one cause you brick it all the time experimenting with roms), you can bring all your settings, apps, and data with you easily.
Really, because of titanium backup, I dont see why anyone is apprehensive about experimenting with weird software on their phone.
Really I don't understand why people are afraid to root their phones either *shrug*

Headset button control - HUGELY useful for in-line button controls on headphones, for sports or any time you need to control your phone without looking at it

Es file manager - one-stop file browsing. FTP, LAN samba shares, root browsing, etc etc.

deduct

Reaction score
I finally rooted as well. Am running axiom ics rom. Loving it so far except for the fact that the camera does not work. Is there a way to fix this or do I need to flash another ics rom ? And which ics rom has the most bugs worked out? Thanks

Sent from my AXI0M IONIC using DroidForums

OP
Tcizzle

Tcizzle

Reaction score
Got Foxfi, Root explorer, Titanium, Adfree. I'll look at widgetlocker. Haven't decided on Bootstrap or Safestrap. I think that having a splashscreen before boot up would annoy me. (input would be appreciated, not into ROMing as of yet).

Could someone explain how to overclock and what I would need? Any other goodies? Thanks to all!

gobi42

Reaction score
I use safestrap and the boot screen doesn't bother me. And when it comes to flashing safe is always better