Smoothness

pappy53

Reaction score
I am really trying to like this phone, but the choppy scrolling on the app drawer, and the somewhat non-fluid screen changes are driving me crazy! Maybe this is just a part of Sense, as I tried 2 demo units at the VZW store, and they did the same thing. I put GO Launcher EX on it, and everything is as smooth as butter, so it must be the Sense. But one should not have to install a third-party launcher on this very nice phone to smooth it out. Any suggestions?
BTW, after watching some reviews on YouTube, they all mention the choppiness. Maybe HTC will issue an update fix? If not, I will stay with my Bionic, as it will "outsmooth" this phone, and the new update has fixed the problems with the Bionic.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I am really trying to like this phone, but the choppy scrolling on the app drawer, and the somewhat non-fluid screen changes are driving me crazy! Maybe this is just a part of Sense, as I tried 2 demo units at the VZW store, and they did the same thing. I put GO Launcher EX on it, and everything is as smooth as butter, so it must be the Sense. But one should not have to install a third-party launcher on this very nice phone to smooth it out. Any suggestions?
BTW, after watching some reviews on YouTube, they all mention the choppiness. Maybe HTC will issue an update fix? If not, I will stay with my Bionic, as it will "outsmooth" this phone, and the new update has fixed the problems with the Bionic.

+1 my girls rezound is choppy too.. my bionic. Smooth.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

RezoundHound

Reaction score
The scrolling on the App drawer is NOT choppy. Touch the screen and slooooowly drag your finger. Look closely and you'll notice faint "page lines" at the top and bottom of each page. It's designed to scroll ONE PAGE AT A TIME, as opposed to the continuous scrolling most people are used to. I believe this design is preferable. Once you get a few hundred Apps on your phone and fill up all of your home screens, it'll become more difficult to find them. Instead of scrolling up and down in frustration hunting for Apps, you can simply flick your finger to that page. Say you're looking for an App and you know it's on the fifth page. Simply flick your finger five times and it'll take you directly to page five. Brilliant!

Don't feel bad for not realizing this. Even one professional reviewer didn't know this either. He complained that the scrolling wasn't smooth. Considering the phone's 1.5 Ghz processor and 1 gig of DDR2 RAM, that didn't make sense to me, so I immediately went to a Verizon store and tried it out for myself. That's when I noticed the page lines. I wouldn't expect the average consumer to pick up on this, but you would think someone who reviews phones for a living would.

RH

EVSP

Reaction score
I agree with you RH.... I realized it wasn't choppy, it just advances the app drawer by page - I kinda like it. It was the one of the first things I noticed when I got the phone and it seems snappy. I like the snappy. Snappy good lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

dbmcelroy

Reaction score
Choppy?? Laggy??
I have no idea what you are talking about. This phone is like a hot knife through butter. I can only imagine what it will be like with ICS, which is optimized for a dual core processor. I am baffled why a small group of readers keep talking about Sense as though it is slowing the system down. Perhaps they have had this experience with previous HTC phones, but not this one! All sense transitions and animations are absolutely smooth and sensitive to the touch. This phone has the power to handle the little extra requirements of the sense overlay in it's stride.

OP
P

pappy53

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That probably is a good idea, once I get used to it. It just concerned me because I have had HTC in the past (Inc, Inc2, EVO ), and none of them did it. I'm going to hang on to it, as it seems to be a great phone, and my Bionic just sold on e-bay!
:biggrin:

NightAngel79

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That probably is a good idea, once I get used to it. It just concerned me because I have had HTC in the past (Inc, Inc2, EVO ), and none of them did it. I'm going to hang on to it, as it seems to be a great phone, and my Bionic just sold on e-bay!
:biggrin:

Actually the Inc 2 did do that. I *think* it was the first HTC phone that did it. It was either introduced with sense 2.0(t-bolt) or sense 2.1(inc 2)

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I have yet to see a single sign of choppiness or lagging. Not even one iota!As already mentioned, the apps drawer is paginated, and on my Rezound screen changes are smooth as silk...

Last edited:

NightAngel79

Reaction score
I have yet to see a single sign of joppiness or lagging. Not even one iota!

As already mentioned, the apps drawer is paginated, and on my Rezound screen changes are smooth as silk...

+1!!

Fancy meeting you here! LOL :D

solar

Reaction score
This is the fastest of 5 android phones I have owned. I'm amazed at how smooth the scrolling on the home page, switching program, opening program is.

didiwags

Reaction score
I also have not seen any choppiness or lagging. The app drawer is scrolled by page. It took a little to get used to but it works fine and I have no issues with it.

Sent from my Rezound