Smart Keyboard

mazz0310

Reaction score
Hey cyril,
I've said it a few times but you never addressed it and it just happened a few times to me, can you please look into the message sending (as if enter was pressed) when I didn't press it.
hi
which phone are you using ? the problem is that nobody else reported me that and I have no way to reproduce it... it is by using multitouch ? if yes it could be another bug in the screen driver and there is unfortunately no real fix... isn't it better with 1.0.2 ?

It happened on the Motorola Droid, and while 1.0.2 didn't help it, 1.0.2 definitely made the keyboard much better. I'm going to keep trying to replicate it.

atlharry

Reaction score
Cyril!!!! new update is GREEEAAAT! Thanks for all of your work on this!

mazz0310

Reaction score
Well I know you have a new forum, I haven't been able to join it yet, but just wanted to let you know that the new update seems great so far, the only suggestion, if it's in your control is to lower down the vibrate a little bit.

EDIT: and another thing I noticed, I would appreciate if you are able to control il to become I'll.

OP
C

cyril

Reaction score
Hi

reminder: the new forum is http://android.cdeguet.net/forum/ ;)

yes I can add an option to control the vibrator, and I can remove "il" from the dictionary (which will cause "il" to be auto-completed as "i'll")

By the way I would appreciate some feedbacks (from anyone):

- Is the bug causing unexpected switch to symbols fixed for everyone ?
- Does someone experience the "stuck keyboard in landscape" bug with Android 2.1, or is it always with Android 2.0 ? I would really like to know if someone does NOT have this bug ! I don't have it with my Android 2.1 ROM, and used to have it with an older ROM, so I suspect it could be a bug in Android (though I don't understand why it wouldn't happen with the stock keyboard, in that case)

Thanks

Agrajag

Reaction score
For me I don't text like others so I'm getting what I expect so far. It's working well here on my Droid. Still having the understood issues with the dictionary but nothing noteworthy.

darreno1

Reaction score
After hearing the positive words I decided to give this keyboard a try. Well, it's now my default. This is the best so far IMO. I'm not missing swype much at all. Wish I had more constructive feedback but so far I'm not seeing much to complain about. Great job!

OP
C

cyril

Reaction score
After hearing the positive words I decided to give this keyboard a try. Well, it's now my default. This is the best so far IMO. I'm not missing swype much at all. Wish I had more constructive feedback but so far I'm not seeing much to complain about. Great job!

Thanks. You don't actually need to complain ;)

RyanRacer48

Reaction score
Tried it and refunded it ... Great concept but lacks functionality. Went for instance is just too common of a word to not be able to type easily.

DROID STOCK KEYBOARD FTW

atlharry

Reaction score
Tried it and refunded it ... Great concept but lacks functionality. Went for instance is just too common of a word to not be able to type easily.

DROID STOCK KEYBOARD FTW

Did you actually try to type it? Here's what I did...

w-e-n-t

There it was! 'went'

RyanRacer48

Reaction score
Perhaps I uninstalled prior to new update.I tried that word about 10 different times and the auto correct would change it to sentence. It was quite annoying.

Honestly, paying money for something I already had and still not being satisfied was unsettling. Good job on the dev. side though utilizing multi touch... I may try again in the future should we not end up w/ multitouch.

Last edited:

frishmans92

Reaction score
I gotta say i love the keyboard. maybe change the icons themselves, transparent like the 2.1 keyboard? A mic button perhaps? haha :) But the multitouch works great on my rooted Droid, just mainly I miss the mic button and how the keyboard looks.

I <3 the way the default looks.

NickThaQuick6

Reaction score
i need help

i installed this smart keyboard but i do NOT know how to work it. someone please help me and message me cuz i dont know how to use this stuff yet. either here or [email protected] thanks ilovemydroid

luisdroid

Reaction score
all you have to do is go into your settings and change the default keyboard to "smart keyboard". if you need me to elaborate, i dont mind to help :)