Smart Keyboard

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello
thanks for your comments. I know everything is not perfect and I will do what I can to fix the problems, but it's not always easy as I don't own any Motorola Droid or Nexus1.. For those who have the "space bar toggles symbol keyboard" bug, can you tell me if it happens when you type with a single finger ? And on which phone ?
And can you reproduce the problem by:
- holding the "q" key for 3s
- press and release the space bar (still holding the "q" key)
- release the "q" key

I suspect this is linked to the "XP" bug I talked about some days ago, but I thought it didn't occur on other phones than mine, as that's what people said

Also, it would help me if Motorola Droid / Nexus 1 users could tell me if the following works:
- Hold the "c" key (in portrait mode)
- Pres and release "u" several times: does it output "u" or another letter ?

Thanks

Why would I even bother buying your program when you dont even bother to answer my question about it. Not a good way to do business.

Wow, God forbid he doesn't answer EVERYONE'S Questions. You need to chill out. No one is asking you to buy his program. Just leave. You're doing no one here any good.
That was little harsh, so I wouldn't want her to leave just maybe try things out for yourself sometimes and be a little bit more understanding to our devs and how busy they are, coding is no easy task. I can't even begin to think about the pressur Cyril might feel for coding the FIRST multi-touch keyboard.

At least Cyril is here active in the forums trying to answer any questions. Most devs probably don't.

atlharry

Reaction score
Ok, so after ignoring the ignorant posts of the few, here's what I think, and it's rather disappointing.

The multitouch capabilities of the droid sucks not the programming. *flame suit on*

It seems like it's unable to register two distinct touches when they are too close together. I wouldn't think that this has anything to do with the programming or the kernel (maybe hardware?)... If you need an example, download "Simply Draw" by dev1033 and try to draw two parallel lines as close together as possible. I don't know if this is specific to the droid or what, so maybe a nexus one user can test it out as well?

In a nutshell, this SUCKS! but I still bought your program Cyril... Thanks. ARGHHH!!!!

On another note, maybe this is why 2.1 is taking so long from Motorola? They're trying to spin this as a something other than an epic fail...

OP
C

cyril

Reaction score
Thanks atlharry, I feel better knowing that other multitouch apps don't work well ;-)

Indeed I read some Google forums where the developer in charge of the multitouch API (they are not so many I guess..) was also surprised that people reported problems with her API... I really think that the kernel drivers don't work well, and there can only be dirty workarounds to fix that...

Anyway I just release v1.0.1 ;-)

I implemented some hacks to avoid common multitouch issues, I hope it will help, but I cannot be sure as I don't have a Droid ! (as I said my phone has bugs too, but they may be different...)

I also improved the dictionary:
- no more "haha" bug (in fact it was a feature ;) but anyway it's fixed)
- better word list; the one I took was really crap indeed, I think the new one is much better

Enjoy

mazz0310

Reaction score
Thanks atlharry, I feel better knowing that other multitouch apps don't work well ;-)

Indeed I read some Google forums where the developer in charge of the multitouch API (they are not so many I guess..) was also surprised that people reported problems with her API... I really think that the kernel drivers don't work well, and there can only be dirty workarounds to fix that...

Anyway I just release v1.0.1 ;-)

I implemented some hacks to avoid common multitouch issues, I hope it will help, but I cannot be sure as I don't have a Droid ! (as I said my phone has bugs too, but they may be different...)

I also improved the dictionary:
- no more "haha" bug (in fact it was a feature ;) but anyway it's fixed)
- better word list; the one I took was really crap indeed, I think the new one is much better

Enjoy

I love the rate of updates, since the free version I've looked forward to updates everyday, keep it up.

OP
C

cyril

Reaction score
Good news, I found the bug which causes the unexpected switch to symbols !!!
It had nothing to do with multitouch, it was a bug in the algorithm which switch backs to alpha mode when the space bar is pressed in symbol mode.
I think (I couldn't reproduce it) it is fixed on 1.0.2, please tell me if it ever happens again

By the way I also readded missing words in the dictionary (don't, won't, etc)

Time to sleep now

slammin86

Reaction score
I just installed. I will see if it works out. I have wanted a multitouch keyboard.

Last edited:

aamzalag

Reaction score
hey cyril thers still some issues with the dictionary.... for example. i type was, and it corrects it to waste... or i type did and it makes it different. i thikn the new dictionary or whatever change you did recently isnt quite working. wheni use the stock keyboard for the same words ait doesnt have thos corrections, so im assuming the keyboards are different...
Thanks man
Adam

Neko

Reaction score
Why would I even bother buying your program when you dont even bother to answer my question about it. Not a good way to do business.
Why would I even bother answering your questions when can you just try the app yourself (you can be refunded within 24h if you don't like it)

Sorry to be rude, but I keep answering questions all day long to help people, while working on improvements on my free time for this app, so it's quite difficult to keep calm when reading such a post.

Sorry I didnt mean to come off sounding harsh, I know things like this take time. My son is in the gaming industry and makes his own video games from his own music to his own graphics etc... it takes forever. But I was only asking for a screenshot. If your not ready to launch a project, please hold back your release date until many bugs are worked out.

atlharry

Reaction score
Why would I even bother answering your questions when can you just try the app yourself (you can be refunded within 24h if you don't like it)

Sorry to be rude, but I keep answering questions all day long to help people, while working on improvements on my free time for this app, so it's quite difficult to keep calm when reading such a post.

Sorry I didnt mean to come off sounding harsh, I know things like this take time. My son is in the gaming industry and makes his own video games from his own music to his own graphics etc... it takes forever. But I was only asking for a screenshot. If your not ready to launch a project, please hold back your release date until many bugs are worked out.

You DO know there is a free version, right?

Smart Keyboard v0.4.1 Application for Android | Tools

mazz0310

Reaction score
Hey cyril,
I've said it a few times but you never addressed it and it just happened a few times to me, can you please look into the message sending (as if enter was pressed) when I didn't press it.

Neko

Reaction score

No I didnt know about the "free" one.. Thanks... Taking a look now :)

guitarevan07

Reaction score

No I didnt know about the "free" one.. Thanks... Taking a look now :)

sigh...;);)

OP
C

cyril

Reaction score
Hey cyril,
I've said it a few times but you never addressed it and it just happened a few times to me, can you please look into the message sending (as if enter was pressed) when I didn't press it.
hi
which phone are you using ? the problem is that nobody else reported me that and I have no way to reproduce it... it is by using multitouch ? if yes it could be another bug in the screen driver and there is unfortunately no real fix... isn't it better with 1.0.2 ?

OP
C

cyril

Reaction score
hey cyril thers still some issues with the dictionary.... for example. i type was, and it corrects it to waste... or i type did and it makes it different. i thikn the new dictionary or whatever change you did recently isnt quite working. wheni use the stock keyboard for the same words ait doesnt have thos corrections, so im assuming the keyboards are different...
Thanks man
Adam
Yes I am trying to find a better word list including flexions, to fix this problem

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey cyril, I haven't posted in this thread for while now, but I just wanted to say that your keyboard is coming along very nice...I really like it. You've made a lot of progress in a short amount of time and thats very admirable in a dev. We can all tell that you are truly devoted! In another month this will probably be Androids most perfected masterpiece of all its keyboards! Lol...I havent got to try the pro version yet but as soon as I can I'll definitely get it...but thats all I wanted to say! Good luck!