Slow Bionic?

jjbinks82

Reaction score
So, I don't know why but my phone's been a bit slow lately. Opening apps haven't been too bad, but when surfing the net my phone often freezes or takes a bit to load pages.

When I got my phone it was blaze'n fast, but now it seems to be suffer'n from old phone syndrome.

I have TiBu and have freeze'd the bloatware. I don't have a task killer or SetCpu either. I also live in a consistent 4g area with average 11-18 mbs upload speeds.

Any ideas or suggestions????

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC

Last edited:

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Boot into recovery and wipe cache partition, then wipe dalvik cache.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
My wife's bionic was being super slow because of a torrent program she used which never was able to close itself. Once I closed it in the task manager it was quick again.
Also mine was a little slow from using avg antivirus. Once I turned off real-time scanning it was good again.

portlandjosh

Reaction score
My bionic had certainly felt sluggish recently. I am not rooted or running anything tricky, so m not sure if there are ideas for what to do. Frustrating.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
My bionic had certainly felt sluggish recently. I am not rooted or running anything tricky, so m not sure if there are ideas for what to do. Frustrating.

Clean your cache! You don't have to be rooted to clean your cache, boot into stock recovery and wipe cache partition!

portlandjosh

Reaction score
Never mind on the instructions, I figured it out. Is wiping the cache partition something I should do regularly as a preventative maintenance thing? What exactly is it wiping?

OP
jjbinks82

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies and advice.

Hey BroidDrionic, I dont have a security app on my phone or a task killer. It still runs slow. I also cleaned the cache, but it only improved it by a bit.

Sent from my ROOTED G TAB flex'n ICS Cyanogenmod!!!!

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Never mind on the instructions, I figured it out. Is wiping the cache partition something I should do regularly as a preventative maintenance thing? What exactly is it wiping?

I clean out the cache semi-regularly. Wiping the cache cleans out junk from apps, and junk from old apps you removed. It also cleans out junk from system and data when switching ROMS or upgrading to a new system.

Depending on your diligence in setting up apps, they can hang on to junk. Such as thumbnails of web pages, data from apps you have removed, urls, pics, txt files, etc. I have a lot of apps and a lot of files in my device, it can slow things down. I'm rooted and save backups of apps and backups of my device, I routinely look at storage levels and delete old backups when I don't need them any more.

JJbinks82: check and see what's running in the backround of your Bionic, maybe you have a RAM hog.

Scribble

Reaction score
Is cleaning the cache partition different then cleaning the cache for each app?

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Is cleaning the cache partition different then cleaning the cache for each app?

Actually it is; I'm rooted so I use CacheCleaner NG it's free (the dev appreciates donations), I think TIBU Pro has a built in cache cleaner.

Non rooted peeps, I don't know other than the manual method. "Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All tab" and go one app at a time selecting clean cache!

Scribble

Reaction score
I'm not rooted, and there's an app called App Cache Cleaner that I use... It can clean the cache of all apps at once.

So doing that is different then cleaning the cache folder? I've been having an issue were Gmail stops syncing for no known reason. I tried clearing the cache of all my apps, but maybe clearing the cache partition will help...

Reaction score
Your phone can also slow down when you pack a lot of apps on it. So if you have a lot of apps you don't use I would recommend removing them. I noticed this a lot with my OG Droid.

PhilNav

Reaction score
i have no idea about cache or what you guys are talking about here i have only had this phone since
Feb and this is my first really cool phone so i am definately behind the curve with this one.

I dont have anything but pictures and vacation videos on my phone i recently got a message saying my memory is full when ever i try to open my camera. i am not even able to access the pictures on the phone to delete the ones i dont want how do i hook the phone up to my computer and find my pictures and once there do i have to delete or move all of them or can i select the ones i want?

Last edited:

PhilNav

Reaction score
memory full

Okay i followed you directions and cleaned each one but there are alot of services running how do i know which ones i really need/